Well, to begin with nothing is fake. The world over women have been loving these long, diva-like lashes and so are we. The amount of definition and drama that they add to the eyes, is just unmissable. Never knew that one pair of faux hair can make so much of a difference to the overall look. If you are planning to wear a pair of these lashes next time you get all decked up, look no further. We are here to give you every bit of scaled down detail on how to wear those gorgeous, twirled, mesmerizing lashes on your eyes.
Women are also opting for eyelash extensions, which are a temporary way of sporting those thick, long lashes for extended periods of time. However, we love our once in a while fake eyelash more as the extensions can also end up harming your eye lid beds or even cause infections in some cases.
We are all for those lashes that can be trimmed, curled, and played upon with as and how we like.
Nothing in the World Is Perfect, but Your Eyelashes Can Be!
1. Keep the shape and size of your eyes in consideration. Do not wear overtly think and long lashes. They look artificially heavy and make your eyes appear smaller. Rather go for medium-sized, averagely thick lashes. Top on with a layer of mascara to add to the drama. Medium lashes make your eyes look bigger and more open and wider.
2. Consider the texture of the hair used. Lashes that are shorter and made of more natural-looking fiber give the best impact.
3. Ensure that the lashes are not evenly thick throughout the length. That looks made up. Lashes that are slightly longer in the center give an illusion of depth to the eyes.
4. Do not go for any down market or cheapskate lashes. They would look inferior and also harm your eyes. Always, buy lashes that assure you of superior quality and hygiene.
5. Once you have found the right pair of the lashes suiting your eye shape, make sure to trim them to fit upon your eyes properly. Trim the length. The companies keep the lashes elongated at the end to fit each eye size. You need to trim them off the excess at the edges to fit to the size of your own eye.
6. It is recommended to trim the eyelashes from the outer corner as they are kept the longest there.
Guide to Wearing the Fake Eyelashes the Correct Way
1. It actually is a little hard to put on fake eyelashes and keep them stuck in place. Like everything else, it needs some skill as well as patience that can be mastered well with practice.
2. Make sure your eyes are not wet or watery before putting on the lashes, as they will keep slipping off. Keep both your hands as well as eyes dry beforehand.
3. Get done with your eyebrow setting and all your eyeshadow makeup before putting on your eyelashes. Just skip the final eyeliner part that should be done post the application of lashes.
4. Prep your natural eyelashes. Comb them or just apply a slight coat of mascara. This would also act as an adhesive to keep the false eyelash in place.
5. As mentioned before, trim the outer corner of the lash to suit the length and shape of your eye. Also cut off the excess length of the lashes if you feel the fiber is too long in the front.
6. Apply some glue to the inner side of the lash and let it dry halfway through.
7. Gently place the lash strip over your upper lash line and press it with your finger, enabling it to stick.
8. Once it is dry, apply a thin or thick line of gel eye liner to camouflage the lash strip
9. Blink you eye a few times and make sure the lash does not feel too heavy on your eyes and restrict the movement.
What Are Fake or Faux Eyelashes Made Of?
Earlier the lashes used to be made of an inferior fiber called Acrylic Resin. However, with major beauty brands foraying into this segment, the quality has enhanced considerably. These days the synthetic lashes are made of a harmless plastic fiber called PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate) that is heated and moulded into the desired shape. It is perfectly soft, smooth, and harmless for our human eyes.
In continents like Australia and Europe, mink eyelashes are also quite popular. They are made from the fresh mink fur that is shaved off right after the mink’s slaughter or is preserved for later use. These lashes cost quite high but look quite close to natural. However, off late many countries have banned such practices (and for all good) and it is very difficult to find original mink fur eyelashes in the market.
There are faux mink lashes also available that are nothing but synthetic fiber lashes. These days silk lashes are gaining popularity. Silk lashes are very light weight and look softer than the other versions. For people with weak or scant eyelash hair, silk lashes are the best.
Where to Find the Best Fake Eyelashes?
Always opt for reputed, recommended brands when choosing fake eyelashes. No matter how expensive, it is just not worth taking chances with your sensitive eyes.
Some of the best-known brands that retail false lashes are Ardell, Huda Beauty, Sephora, Mac, Velour, Make Up Forever, Lily Lashes, House of Lashes, and Arvesa.
You can order these lashes either directly from their online ecommerce portals or the well-known beauty portals like Nykaa.com or Amazon.com.
Huda Beauty Faux Mink Lashes, Velour Effortless-No-Trim Lashes, and Ardell Demi wispies are some of the best natural looking lashes available.
These days magnetic lashes are also becoming popular as they look even more dramatic and voluminous. But they are better suited for bigger events, larger gathering and red-carpet appearances. These lashes work on sandwiching your natural lashes between two fake lashes held together by magnetic strips. A lot of international celebrities swear by magnetic lashes for all their red-carpet events and appearances.