Are you getting married soon? Have you yet to decide upon your wedding day look? The outfit, jewellery, makeup, hair, all of that. You want to look stunning and make your groom go weak in knees the moment he sees you, but still not sure how to put it all together. Well, if you have an idea of your bridal lehenga, this post will definitely help you pick out the best bridal jewellery ideas to go with your look. Makeup and hair can follow suit.
For Indian brides, bridal jewellery is a major part of putting together their entire look. In the West, they maybe do not wear a lot of jewellery and keep it minimal, but in India, we guys are big on bridal jewellery . And rightly so. Those beautiful uncut diamonds, the polkis and kundans, the heritage family jewellery pieces passed on to you by your mom and mom-in-law. Which girl would not give away her heart to all that ornamental glory? A bride doesn’t look bride enough if she is not adorning that exquisite mattha patti, that big nose ring that covers half of your face but looks ethereal as hell, or those kaleeras that are so remarkably symbolic of an Indian bride.
Well, a lot of brides have a very clear vision of how they would like their bridal lehenga to be but do not plan much for their bridal jewellery. As a result, they end up picking some moderately okay pieces that sit well with their lehenga and get content with them. If you have keenly observed any of the Sabyasachi celebrity brides and the way their looks are planned, you would realize that a lot of thought goes into the selection of the Bridal jewellery and not just the attire.
Things to Keep in Mind While Selecting Bridal Jewelry
Read on below if you too are desirous of wearing some gorgeous bridal jewellery pieces on your D-Day and wish to make the most stunning bride that your friends and family would have ever seen. Definitely keep the following checkpoints in mind.
1. When you are deciding upon your whole look, think of the outfit and the vibe of the look, but also keep a fair idea of the jewellery and the hair and makeup that you want to go along with it. Do not just think of only the lehenga. Do you want to be a typically traditional bride, a cosmopolitan bride, or a minimalistic bride or wish to follow some couple theme for your looks? Work on the entire mood board beforehand.
2. Do not settle for anything that is mediocre or just goes with your outfit, when it comes to selecting your bridal jewellery. Each piece needs to be exquisite. Focus on the cut, craftsmanship, detailing and style. Your bridal jewellery should have an identity of its own. Though it should complement the look, it should also get noticed individually.
3. After the wedding imagery of Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Shloka Mehta went viral on the Internet, big statement jewellery pieces are a huge trend these days. Brides are not opting for any simpler pieces of jewellery. Maharani haars, big naths, huge kaleeras and layered necklaces with chokers are all the rage. Look for pieces that stand out from the crowd and speak for themselves.
4. Everyone has a different face cut. If you can lay your hands on pieces of jewellery that are exquisite and suit your face type as well, then you have just hit on the nail right.
5. Focus on one aspect of the bridal jewellery and let it be the hero of your look. Or else, if you wish to wear huge pieces altogether, then keep the attire or the makeup a little sober and understated. One aspect of your look has to speak louder than the rest for everything to look beautifully put together.
6. Keep your hands and feet very well-manicured and pedicured and in great health so that the jewellery pieces come out looking even more beautiful on them.
7. Whether you chose to go all out and overboard or play cautious with your jewellery, own up your look and carry it with aplomb. If you decide upon carrying a lot of jewellery pieces, look comfortable and carry them with ease. It makes sense to try them on beforehand without the outfit and makeup and see if everything falls well into place.
8. A lot of brides go about making the mistake of not choosing their hair and makeup in sync with their jewellery. Chose the jewellery first and then decide upon your hairstyle accordingly. It has to complement the jewellery and ensure that all the jewellery worn on the face and around the neck is justifiably enhanced. Sit with your makeup artist and hairdresser and discuss the entire look.
9. Don’t settle for anything that you have seen multiple times before. Try to pick pieces that are unique and hold a differentiation from anything mediocre. They deserve to make a place in your wedding closet only if they are selectively chosen and worth their price.
10. When it comes to bridal jewellery, always chose pieces that you love from your heart. The ones that resonate the best with your personal style. This jewellery will have a lot of endearment and beautiful memories. Chose pieces that you can go on and on wearing into your married life and never get bored of them.
11. Rather than plain gold, silver or diamonds, jewellery in exquisite colors is really making a statement now. It can be in multi colors of drastically in contrast with the colour of the bridal lehenga. Colours like teal, orange and light blue have made an entry into bridal jewellery as well and they look perfectly complementing the vibe of the modern-day bride.
We say, to all the brides, do not take your bridal jewellery easy, or keep it for the last, to select. Jewellery is just as important as your bridal lehenga in creating that splendid impact that you wish for, with your looks. Keep scouting for the most stunning jewellery options along with your search for your dream bridal lehenga. When both the perfect outfit and the perfect jewellery will come together, it will be the wedding look you had always envisioned for yourself.