‘Ghosting’ in a relationship can be a really mean thing to do. In most cases, the recipient delves into bouts of self-doubt, agony and depression wondering what was their fault and how they could have averted it. ‘Ghosting’ is mainly when one of the partners in a friendly or a romantic relationship cuts off all communication and disappears from the scene without delivering an appropriate explanation or justification to the other partner. It is as if they have become a ghost and disappeared into nowhere leaving the other person absolutely clueless and anxious.
We live in a day when friendships, relationships and even marriages end at a mere disagreement or the most inconsequential difference of opinion. It is absolutely fine to call things quit and move out of a relationship for your own good, but at the same time one owes a clear communication to the other person. At the end of the day, you both were invested in the relationship and it is absolutely unfair to leave the other person guessing and hanging in oblivion.
If your boyfriend or partner has ghosted on you without keeping you in loop with what’s happening, our inhouse team of relationship experts comes to your rescue. Read on as we share the best road for you to take to come out of this emotional turmoil and also how to make the guy regret ghosting you.
It is Time to Get Back at Him – How to Make Him Regret Ghosting You?
Well, he did that and it’s high time you see the things as they are. It is time to get out of this emotional and mental rot that you have put yourself in. No point suffering further. The more you would think and analyse, the more serious and heartbreaking everything would sound. It is not the end of the world and in all sanity, whatever happened, happened for the good. Get the fighter back in you and make sure whatever you do from now would not be with any hope to have him back. It would rather be to make him realize that it has been his loss all the way and ghosting on you was the sleaziest thing he could have done to end the relationship.
1. Get Dressed and Get Grooving – Babe, you are so much more than him. It is time to make fresh new beginnings. Hit a gym, join a dance class, get a new haircut, go all splurging on the retail therapy, just do everything that makes you happy and in love with yourself again. It should be all about pleasuring yourself without an iota of guilt. Get into your best shape, work hard on your body and dress up to your liking.
2. Be All Out on The Social Media– Have fun and enjoy your life. For some time, live only for yourself. Do things that make you happy and do not forget to get some fun clicks along the way. Make a conscious effort to be active on your Social Media. Though do not get into an overdrive mode. Do not do anything keeping his reactions to it in mind. Be in your best natural form and do everything effortlessly. If you would try too hard, it would be more than evident in your pictures and captions. Just live your life to the fullest and put it out there to the world. Even if he has ghosted on you, he would definitely be checking your Instagram and Facebook profiles and would get an idea of your state of being (of course, if you have not blocked him everywhere by now).
3. Live Your Life As If Nothing Happened – If he has been condescending to your relationship and did not give you due respect by owing you an explanation, even you do not need to treat him any highly. Since he did not celebrate your presence in his life, you need not mourn his absence. Move on with life as if nothing consequential or worth lamenting happened. He would definitely get to know of what’s happening and it would break him to pieces knowing that he didn’t matter at all. There is nothing more disparaging to one’s self-esteem than looking through is existence. Behave as if he never existed. This is absolutely one of the best ways to make a guy regret ghosting you. Do not let him occupy any of your mind space at all.
4. Meet and Greet Him Normally – If you both have had common friends or places you used to frequent together and individually, there are fair chances that you would bump into each other at some or the other time. Just be as normal as you can. No signs of awkwardness, ignoring or excitement at seeing him. If he comes around you, just greet him as you normally would do to any acquaintance. Do not be over assertive, friendly or attentive. Your confidence and self-assured attitude would make him nervous and give him all sorts of jitters. There are fair chances that he would try and approach you again.
5. Make New Friends, Go Out and Socialize Often – There is no need to sit and mull over what happened. Whatever the reason may have been, the relationship had run its course. The person who did not even consider you worthy of an explanation or justification, he deserves no more of your emotions or efforts. Chuck him out of your mind and heart. Go out with friends, make new friends, get back to the dating game (as per your own healing time), expand your network and ask your friends to tag you while posting your images online. Seeing you through other people posts would make him believe how hearty a life you are leading even without him.
6. Focus on Your Goals– Focus on your career and personal aspirations. There is no better vengeance than success. Work like a dog, slough yourself, and work on achieving your goals. Seeing you succeed and reach higher pedestals in life is going to make him regret the treatment he meted out to you.
In conclusion, all we would like to say is just move on. The world is a very small place these days. It is very easy to get to know anyone whereabouts in life and when you succeed, the news spreads faster than fire. He would get to know of your state of well-being and nothing would affect him as much as knowing that you are doing fairly well without him. And never let a ghost back into your life. No matter how much one pleads, the one who has ‘ghosted’ deserved to be treated like a ghost forever.