If you still don’t own a pair of ‘Leather Pants’ in your wardrobe (faux ones, of course!), you have no idea would good side of life you are missing out on. We all have grown up watching both Indian and International celebrities rocking leather pants look all over the media. As much as denims are a classic and can never make you look underdresses, similarly you can never be wearing leather pants and not tagged ‘super-stylish’. The most commonly flaunted ones are the black leather pants, but we are equal fans of those in camel brown, tan brown and dark brown shades. And in case you manage to lay your hands on those deep red or olive green leather pants, consider no soul luckier than you in the world.
Pairing up leather pants with anything can instantly glam up your look. And it is just the icing on the cake that colour black goes well with almost everything. So, no second thoughts there that black leather pants can be a lethal piece of attire in your wardrobe. Earlier, these were synonymous with those tight-fitted pants that would just wrap around your lower body like a second snakeskin. Though they were comfortable, still it was a task getting into them. Here, we can’t help but remember the iconic episode from the series ‘FRIENDS’ where Ross has a tough time struggling with his sweaty black leather pants. How the entire comic rhapsody was interwoven around his unsuccessful attempt at wearing a body-hugging pair.
These days, however, there are loose leather pants that are a comfortable fit. Also, they are always medium or high-waisted, which makes it easier to move around in them. With a sexy pair of such pants, you can highlight a sexy derriere and look taller and leaner at the bottom than you actually are.
Ways to Style the Already ‘Glam’ Leather Pants
The good thing with these pants is as much as they can be worn to a fashion week event (a lot of influencers and celebrities are spotted at international fashion weeks wearing them), you can lend them a casual twist with a basic t-shirt. They look equally chic. There is no way to not to do justice to these pants when it comes to styling.
We share with you a few ways to style and accessorize leather pants look.
– If you are comfortable showing off your midriff, we suggest pairing your leather pants with a crop top, tank top or a bralette. Corsets look extremely sexy and enticing with leather pants. Go for sheer laces, net, satin, anything that catches your fancy.
– Another factor that works in favour of these pants is that any fabric complements them. You don’t have to be wary of the fabric of the top that you are wearing. It can be cotton, satin, synthetic, leather, knits, almost anything. Leather on leather looks very chic as well but one just needs to make sure the overall style does not come out too loud or glaring.
– Also, stick to the monochrome look while pairing leather with leather. It cannot be a brown leather jacket on top of black leather pants or a black faux leather coat over brown pants. You would end up looking like nothing but a mannequin carrying leather outfits.
– Do not go overboard with accessorizing. You might like to have only one aspect of your look to grab all the attention – and let the faux leather pants be that one. Wear some stackable jewellery like dainty neck chains or maybe layered bracelets. A watch looks quite authoritative with a leather look. Play around with silver jewellery only if you are a pro and styling and are very sure of your jewellery pieces. But still, we would advise against going too loud with it.
– A leather pant does not even need styling with a belt unless it is the same leather belt that comes with the pant. Teaming it up with a metallic belt or any other style does not really qualify as smart styling.
– There is a difference in how denim fits our body versus a leather pant fit. The former takes the shape of the body and adapts itself. The denim fabric has a lot of stretching ability and hence, you can afford to buy a size too snug. It would definitely get comfortable on your body with regular use. Leather pants on the other hand do not take up your body shape. So, while purchasing one, be mindful of the fit and comfort. It would stay the same over time as you have bought it.
– Leather pants can be best styled with sexy heels for a more glam, dressed-up look. But they look equally ravishing when worn with a pair of sneakers. Though there is no way to go wrong with them, still never pair them with flip-flops, ballerinas or any footwear style that does not have a classy undertone attached to them. You would be doing a great disservice to your leather look.
– These pants can take you through from morning till night just as comfortably as they do from one season to the other. Investing in a quality pair of them is worth each penny. You can flaunt them in summers (though not in the scorching heat), autumns, winters as well as spring. In winters, feel free to style them with your blazers, overcoats, sweaters as well as denim jackets.
Celebrities in Faux Leather Pants – Giving Us Major Fashion Goals
One recent visual we absolutely cannot get out of our minds is Katrina Kaif looking ultra-glamorous in a denim jacket and black faux leather pants, paired with nude heels. With almost no accessorizing, bare nude makeup and hair let open, she looked nothing short of a style icon. It is easy to replicate her look and we see no reason why the fashionista in you should not be rocking this look. We love it when our celebrities and their stylists create such easy-to-wear looks that their fans can also flaunt around in their normal lives.
The other Bollywood actress who rocks a black leather pant look like no one else does is Deepika Padukone. Her recent look with a cropped blouse, sleek hair bun and heavily kohled eyes had transported us back to her ‘Cocktail’ days. Even while promoting her movie earlier, she was seen carrying a ‘leather-on-leather’ look. And looking at her, we can easily say, make this the new ‘denim-on-denim’ look. What say?
Two of the other celebrities that are often seen wearing leather pants are Kendall Jenner and Kim Kardashian. It may be safe to say that both the fashion icons are not just related by blood but also by their love for high fashion. With legs as long and lean as Kendall, leather pants look just all the more splendid. But wait, don’t they look great on Kim Kardashian. Well, with a derriere like hers, is there any reason, they would not look out of this world. Well, this is the point we intend to make here. Irrespective of the body shape, height and size, leather pants look equally great on everyone. One may also take a lot of inspiration from the way these international celebrities have styled them. Minimal, classy and very effortless are the watchwords while styling.
A few other international celebrities that you can look out for in leather pants are – Candice Swanepoel, Hailey Baldwin, Kate Beckinsale, Bella Hadid and many more.
So, what is holding you back still, our loves? Go and shop your most stunning pair of leather pants as on today. They don’t cost a bomb, but can sure as hell, make you look like one!