It is a relief for the gastronomes out there that the Delhi food scene now boasts of several restaurants serving varied cuisines from across the world. If you are someone who loves to gorge on different cuisines and can’t have the same dish every time you visit a restaurant, Lebanese cuisine serves a good food choice for you. We bring to you a list of the meticulously crafted Lebanese restaurants in Delhi that you must pay a visit to.
Lebanese Cuisine – The Most Sumptuous Culinary Treats from Lebanon
If you still don’t know, Lebanese cuisine is the staple food of Lebanon, situated along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. For the reason of its location, Lebanese cuisine serves a lot of fresh fish and seafood dishes. It also has whole grains, fruits and vegetables as a predominant feature in its ingredient list. They love their poultry in equal measures, though maybe not the red meat as much.
Most of us have savoured a ‘Shawarma’ maybe sometime in our lives. Or if not, we have definitely heard of the appetizing dish. Well, shawarma is typically a Lebanese dish that is made with sandwiching marinated meat skewered on large rods. Then there is ‘Hummus’, a dip or thick sauce that we all have devoured at some or the other fancy restaurant. A few other popular Lebanese dishes are Baklava, which feels a lot like a stuffed patty dipped in honey and sugar syrup. ‘Arak’ is the national Lebanese drink that is served with every meal while Lebanese wine also enjoys mass popularity since forever.
That is just the basic paraphernalia around the Lebanese cuisines. But if you are a die-hard bon vivant and food happens to your weakness, then we list below for you the most popular Lebanese restaurants in Delhi that you can’t afford to miss.
Lebanese Restaurants That Serve the Best Lebanese Food
1. FEZ DINING AND BAR – Situated at the Malcha Marg Shopping Centre at Chanakyapuri, the restaurant has been very well known amongst the die-hard epicureans. Operational since 2008, the place serves some of the most authentic Lebanese, Mediterranean, Moroccan and Turkish dishes. The interiors of the place are quaint and speak of an understated old-fashioned aesthetic. While the food deserves all the attention and applause, the staff is also worthy of credit as they are extremely hospitable and courteous. Overall, a must-visit place to devour some delectable Lebanese food.
2. LEBANESE POINT – Situated in Saket, the place specializes in lip-smacking Lebanese food and is great value for money. It is easy on the pocket and a meal for one shall not cost anything beyond INR 800. Though the prices are low, there is absolutely no compromise on the taste, quality or portions of the food. Their grilled chicken and shawarma are some of the most popular dishes at the place.
3. ZIZO – Though earlier the restaurant had a presence at quite a few locations in Delhi NCR, the Connaught Place outlet is now closed. The Lebanese restaurant at both Noida and Gurugram locations offers a great variety of Lebanese, North Indian and Mughlai dishes. Some of the most popular, must-try ones are Falafel, Hummus, Shawarma and the Kebabs. Though some might feel that the place is a little expensive for the size of the portions they serve, but for those who want absolute authentic, succulent Lebanese food, this place is heaven. Also, the name of this Lebanese restaurant is also quite interesting with Zizo meaning ‘pet beetle’.
4. THE SHAWARMA CAFÉ – The Shawarma Café is one Lebanese restaurant that is going to satiate your palate for Mediterranean food like no other place. Situated in the business and dining hub of Delhi, Aerocity, the place has kept its menu limited to only authentic Lebanese cuisine and North Indian food. It is an upmarket Lebanese restaurant and has a perfect ambience for a date night or for a sophisticated round-up of drinks with some scrumptious shawarma on your platter. Some must-try dishes on the menu are smoky chicken shawarma and chicken lollypops; though we highly insist that each of the dishes on their menu is worthy of the best Lebanese food you would have ever had.
5. MASHRABIYA – Mashrabiya in Hotel Ashoka can easily be touted as the best Lebanese Restaurant in Delhi. Situated at Vinay Marg in Chanakyapuri, the place has the most veritable bona fide Lebanese, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food on its menu. No wonder, it attracts some of the most elite crowd from not just the nearby areas but entire Delhi and NCR. Their hummus has been a favourite with the bon viveur diners that they get. The interiors of the place are iridescent with light and the overall ambience is lush. All in all, the place offers some great delectable Lebanese food, an intense ambience and great music to make your dining experience extraordinaire. The staff is polite and the service is very hospitable.
6. LUB LUB LEBANESE – For those residing in Gurugram or Delhi people who often love to drive to Gurugram for a dining experience, Lub Lub Lebanese should be your most preferred place for some delicious, unfeigned Lebanese food. The Lebanese restaurant has two outlets in the vicinity, one at the Gold Course Road and the other at Baani Square. Headed by the Master Chef himself Chef Ashish, the place is very well known for its Value Meals, Salads, Shawarma Platters, Rice Bowls and Ras Asfour. For the night owls amongst us, the restaurant at Baani Square is operational till 12 in the night, but the one at Gold Course Road stays open till 4 in the morning. Thinking of enjoying some rich Lebanese food at late hours in the night? Lub Lub should be the place to reach. Though the menu is succinct, still the dishes that must make to your order list are Falafel Shawarma, Chicken Falafel, Chicken Platter and Hummus. The patrons swear by the place for its live kitchen, value for money food, fresh ingredients and commitment to great quality.
If you are a food connoisseur and have some amazing recommendations to share with us, do write in the comments below. It is always great to share love, food and some solicited advice with others.