We are living in 2023 now. And the brides, who will get married this year, would be 2023 brides. Well, they can’t be wearing that forever red maroon bridal lehenga that has been so synonymous with Indian brides for almost ages now. The modern Indian bride has come a long way from her counterpart of a decade ago. She knows her mind way too well and the same gets reflected in her sartorial choices as well. She is not scared to make bold choices. She is strong to take up a different path, rather than carve out a whole new path for herself. Though a red maroon lehenga is still the safest choice and does make for a beautiful visual (so much more pronounced by Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra through their choice of wedding lehengas), there are a whole lot of other colours that are making waves for Indian brides in 2023.
Our team of stylists has been working with a lot of brides in these last few years. Curating their Trousseau and working closely on selecting their bridal lehenga has been one fun and insightful journey. What we have understood is that each bride is different and so is her personality. What she decides to wear on her wedding day says a lot about her as a person and her likes and dislikes. A bridal lehenga is for sure one of the closest pieces of attire for a woman, and no bride would like to make peace with anything but the best.
We list down here a few of the most trending colors for bridal lehengas for the year 2023. Though only four more months are left before the year ends, these colours are a rocking hit amongst brides getting married this year or early next year. Bookmark your favourite one for your own Wedding Day.
1. Metallics – They scream urban, classy and fiesta loud and clear. Metallics are for the opinionated, strong women of today who know their decisions and do not think about them twice. They like to stand out from the crowd and how. If a woman picks up a metallic colour for her bridal dress, it clearly means she knows what she wants and has already decided. While picking lehengas in metallic colours, focus on the finesse of the drape and the silhouette. Nothing should look mediocre or crass. There are two types of metallics, understated and blingy. Choose the one suiting your personality and comfort. Diamonds with semi-precious stones make for the best accompanying jewellery. You can also opt for some starkly contrasting colours subject to your choice of outfit. Keep the makeup subtle and neutral and let the outfit do all the talk. The natural poise and grace of the bride come to the fore with such outfits.
2. Summer Pastels – With weddings becoming sleeker, opting for a pastel wedding lehenga is quite an interesting choice. It doesn’t seem that this trend of marrying amidst a fewer guest list is going away anywhere soon. People are now in love with the idea of cozy intimate weddings. Well-coordinated pastel outfits for both the bride and the groom make for an interesting look. Especially for daytime weddings in winter, the warmth of pastel shades really lends warmth to the whole wedding vibe. Make sure to align the theme of the wedding accordingly. And also the outfits of the family and the bridesmaid.
3. Green – This has been one of our personal favourite for years now. The right shade of green suiting your skin tone, and body shape can really do wonders to add that touch of class and elegance. Go strong and loud with your jewellery. Try different combinations of colours. There are a lot of designers who have done some interesting bridal lehengas in these colour palettes. The best part is you can also style your green lehenga in a lot of other ways on your post-wedding days. There is also no limit to the makeup looks that you can wear with a green outfit. Play around with your makeup combinations and you can create a different look each time. Bottle green happens to be a hot favourite among brides this year.
4. Bright Pink – Colour pink makes for a very safe shift from the typical maroon lehengas of yesteryear’s brides. Again, wear a shade of pink that suits your personality and skin tone. It could be anything from blush pink, baby pink, coral pink, to hot bubblegum pink. The colour brings out that natural glow in a bride. You can either keep the makeup soft and dewy or go all the way pin matching your attire. Jewellery can again be experimented with. Heavy jadau jewellery with multicolored stones shall take the whole look to another level. Even an elaborate diamond jewellery look shall look ethereal and transform you into a charming and elegant bride.
5. Prints – Yes, brides are opting a lot for prints in their bridal lehengas these days. There should be some element of print in the entire outfit. Ideally, it is in the blouse. Or a broad flared printed lehenga also makes you into a fairy. Be smart with your choice of colour for this. Mostly, a monotone coloured lehenga is preferred, with the print adding a slight variation. Brides these days like to add a piece of their own personality to the lehenga and prints, invariably, achieve the same for them.
6. Lavender – The colour has been doing some real magic on brides this year. The colour hue might vary as per individual choice, but the colour Lavender is making quite a statement. Choose the right amount of detailing and embroidery. The heavier it is the better. The colour adds some blooming charm to the beauty and youth of the bride. Do not pair it with any run-of-the-mill jewellery or hair. The ideal would be to go with some soft minimal jewellery. And for the hair a very dreamy fairy hairdo, maybe a messy bun or a braid, with lots of fresh flowers or baby’s breath being scattered over.
We hope you could get a fair idea of how you want your bridal lehenga to turn out. Try to pick something different and unique so that you just don’t end up being the prototype of the usual bride that people have been used to seeing so very often. Stand out and stand out strongly.