Best FRAGRANCES for HIM & HER to wear on their Wedding Day
“The beauty of fragrance is that it speaks to your heart…and hopefully someone else's”
—– Elizabeth Taylor
“Perfume is the indispensable complement to the personality of women, the finishing touch on a dress.”
—- Christian Dior
“No elegance is possible without perfume. It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory.”
—- Coco Chanel
I can go ON and ON talking about the importance of a good Fragrance in dressing up but can’t stress enough. How you smell says as much about your personality as being impeccably dressed up. Smelling good is a part of good manners and hygiene as much as personal grooming is. A man is not Gentleman enough and a woman is not Lady enough, till the time they don’t use a good Fragrance. See I told you I can go on and on. But truth be told, Fragrances are a very indispensable part of looking good, feeling good and making others feel good about you too.
So, there is a little backdrop to such a strong emotion towards Fragrances that I hold. I was in College and loved getting dressed up. Trying out new styles in clothing and accessories. But I wasn’t into Fragrances at all. For me, they were just something you wear when you go to a party, or a gathering. Better put this way, that I had also not really come across any good Fragrance till then. It was only once, when one of my friends, gifted me a couple of luxury Fragrances for my birthday, that I got to realize that something can smell so good too. Wearing those perfumes made a hell lot of a difference to my dressing up game. I still wore the same clothes, but it felt so much nicer now. I felt so much more confident and assertive in my demeanor.
Not to mention, I finished up those two bottles in no time. And so addicted I got to smelling good since then, that I can’t stop adding luxury fragrances to my closet often now. Rather, I have been gifting some of my favorites to a lot of my friends and loved ones.
Wedding being one of the most special and cherished events of your lifetime, wearing a good fragrance becomes almost imperative. Also, I do believe that fragrances really leave a very lasting impact. So much so that a particular fragrance that you wear at some point in your life, will go on to always remind you of those days whenever you smell that fragrance. Same goes for music as well. The songs I used to regularly listen to in my College days, still bring back nostalgia whenever I hear them. So, when you would wear a nice fragrance through all of your Wedding festivities, that fragrance would get symbolic of those happy moments. And it would always bring back those feelings and make you relive those moments.
As a team of professional Trousseau Shopping and Wedding Styling service, we are always there to guide you through all your shopping escapades. But below is a list of our most recommended Fragrances for the Bride and the Groom to wear on their Wedding Day. You don’t even need to think twice and can put your money into buying any one of these. They smell heavenly and there is no way you would not come across as enchanting and mesmerizing on your special day, if you wear any of them.
To know about the Best Fragrances for Grooms, please read our blog post “Best Fragrances for the Groom to wear on his Wedding Day.”
(PS – The prices quoted are indicative and accurate to a point)
Recommended Fragrances for HER, THE BRIDE
1.Carolina Herrera CH Good Girl for Her
2. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Intense Spray
3. Giorgio Armani Si Eau De Parfum
4. Dior Pure Poison Eau De Parfum
5. Yves Saint Laurent YSL Black Opium EDP
6. Burberry Body Eau De Parfum
7. Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau De Toilette
8. Versace Crystal Noir Eau De Toilette
9. Gucci Bamboo Eau De Parfum
10. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede
11. Tom Ford White Suede
12. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme
13. Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette
What to keep in mind while purchasing Luxury Fragrances
– Each Fragrance smells different on different people. Even your skin cells respond differently to the ingredients of a Fragrance. Try on a tester before making a purchase.
– Your Fragrance kind of lingers on to your body and eventually defines your personality. Stick to the same fragrance each day. People kind of relate you with that fragrance then. You cannot wear a strong woody scent one day and move onto a sweet floral fragrance the other day.
– Never wear fragrance on a sweaty body. It would do nothing to help you get rid of the foul smell. Rather, perfume mixed with sweat smells even worse.
– Do not layer up fragrances. If you spray two or more scents, then their smells kind of overlap and it doesn’t smell anything good at all.
– Do not wear too much of a perfume and spray it all over yourself. You don’t want to choke the noses and make people claustrophobic with your smell.
– To make the Fragrance last longer, apply a little body oil on yourself or maybe Vaseline. This helps the fragrance sit longer on your body and end up smelling good for that long.
– It takes time to understand what family of fragrances suits you the best. What works for someone else, might not smell that good on you. Suit your personality.
– For your wedding day, go for fragrances that have a subtle long lasting effect. A fragrance too loud or overpowering would not really be too attractive.
We have shopped and styled a lot of our brides from various backgrounds and preferences. However, they all share a common love for looking their gorgeous best on their Wedding Day. While all of them manage to look exceptionally stunning and happy, what adds a notch further to their appeal is a good lingering fragrance. So, if you have your Wedding festivities starting soon, do yourself a favour. Buy a couple of good fragrances and wear them religiously all the time during this phase. These fragrances are sure to make a permanent place in your closet post wedding and you would cherish wearing them all into your married life.