CELEBRITY BRIDAL LOOKS that we have totally crushed over in last few years
Corona has hit a lot of industries adversely. Wedding industry is just one of them. And so is the film industry. We hardly getting to see any of our favourite Hindi movie stars making public appearances or flaunting their airport looks. No award functions, no red carpet appearances. Even the one’s who were supposed to tie the knot, have stalled their weddings for the moment. We are so tipping to see those dreamy wedding pictures on Instagram and also a picture by picture update on who wore what to their wedding receptions. This just brought us to share some of our most favourite celebrity Bridal looks from all these last years with you guys here. With couples planning to have their weddings this year, this can serve as quite some inspiration. Or better still, you can have us on board as your official Wedding Shoppers and Trousseau Stylists. We shall help you create the best of looks you would have ever dreamt for your wedding.
Compiling a list of some of the most loved Celebrity Bridal looks, also including some pre-wedding and post-wedding outfit looks.
1. Kareena Kapoor wedding outfit – Well, the diva started it all in 2012, creating all those magnificent bridal looks. Her orange wedding sharara set was made out of her mother-in-law Sharmila Tagore’s bridal outfit that she wore in 1962. It was refurbished for the begum’s wedding to Nawab Saif Ali Khan Pataudi by designer Ritu Kumar. The colour of the blouse was a gorgeous burnt orange with heavy Zardozi and Gota work. Goes without saying, Kareena looked breathtaking and befitting of a royalty in that gorgeous outfit.
2. Anushka Sharma’s wedding outfit – We all fell in love once again in Dec, 2017 when Anushka married Virat, a couple that looks like much made in heaven. Their destination wedding at Tuscany, Italy looked nothing short of a dream. There were images galore, buzzing all over Social Media and we could not gasp our breaths enough. Anushka wore this gorgeous pale pink lehenga from designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee that reports say, costed her a whopping 3 crores !
3. Anushka Sharma’s Mumbai reception look – She again dazzled us on her Wedding Reception day in Mumbai. She again went ahead with her favourite designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and wore a top to bottom gold lehenga. The hair were kept sleep and makeup minimal. The whole look was classy and resplendent and we couldn’t help but have our jaws dropped once again.
4. Isha Ambani’s Post wedding looks – Well, this one was quite a surprise. But Isha Ambani startled us all with her post wedding looks. Not that she looked anything less on her Wedding day, but she nailed the looks post her marriage to perfection. All her outfits were a perfect pick for a newly wed bride and neither a strand of hair nor a stroke of makeup seemed anytime out of place.
5. Deepika Padukone’s Bridal lehenga and jewellery – Well, this one looked like straight out of movie Padmavat’s sets. The lehenga was again by the maverick himself Sabyasachi Mukherjee. What can be said about the look. We loved everything from those dark smokey eyes, the heavily embroidered lehenga, larger than life jewellery. In fact, her look at both her weddings, the Konkani Wedding and the Anand Karaj’ was quite an inspiration for the brides-to-be. The looks did absolute justice to the godly persona and the stature of the very righteous ideal woman that Deepika Padukone carries so well.
6. Deepika Padukone’s Mumbai wedding reception – This time the lady adorned an Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla off white Chikankari saree. The colour of the outfit and the long heavy dupatta on the head made her look like straight from the heavens. She again paired the look with her signature sleek-back hair, smokey eyes and oversized pearl earrings and a huge neckpiece.
7. Deepika Padukone’s Post wedding looks – As much as she awed us with her wedding looks, she swayed us well with her post wedding looks as well. These would resonate the best with someone who has a minimalistic, elegant, and understated personal style. The choice of colours and silhouettes was perfect to the T. Of course, her stylist owes much credit for this, but the way she carried them with unrelenting poise and grace cannot also be taken away.
8. Priyanka Chopra’s Red Wedding Lehenga – Well, the lady had to live up to her Global Icon image and she so rightly did. As soon as we had not even got hold of our breath’s looking at her Ralph Lauren Wedding gown with a 72-ft tulle veil, she made a mesmerizing appearance in her Red Indian Wedding lehenga. The gorgeous piece was designed by designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee, yes yet again. As the reports go, it took 110 embroiderers a total of 3,720 hours to create the detailed garment. Her groom Nick Jonas looked like a Royal Prince from some noted Rajasthani family, standing by her side in an off white Sherwani.
9. Priyanka Chopra’s Blue Delhi wedding reception outfit – We loved this one particularly for the colour. Blue has been a hot choice for brides over years now, especially for the cocktail and wedding looks. The outfit with a corset style blouse looks very flattering on Priyanka. And that choker just adds the right amount of oomph and bling.
10. Sonam Kapoor’s Ivory Mehendi Ceremony outfit – How could have this Global Fashion diva not made an appearance in our list of Celebrity Wedding outfits to watch out for. She looked like a fairy in her ivory Mehendi lehenga. And how do we not expect something unique and pathbreaking from this trendsetter. That braid with flowers scattered around made for a huge fashion statement. The girls have been wearing this look at their weddings without even thinking twice. It was again an Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla creation. For her other Wedding events, we still feel she could have done much better with her sartorial choice. What to say, the diva has herself set the benchmarks quite high for herself. We just expect the universe and beyond from her.