What makes for a UNIQUE and STUNNING WEDDING INVITATION?
The World has changed, weddings have changed. The Bride and the Groom aren’t the same anymore, how they meet each other has also changed. They have stories to tell, of how they met, how they fell in love, how they rose. Their visions for their future life together have changed. So why shall the invites to their weddings, the coming together of two individuals and their families, be the same. Marriage is the beginning of the adventurous and exciting journey that they seek to traverse together, so even the invite to their wedding that marks that beginning shall also be as exciting and unique. Writing the initials of the Bride and the Groom is so passe and dated. Save the date invitations have been the trend for some time now. Try out something more customized and personal to your bond. Something that belongs to you two, that you as a couple cherish together forever. Something that is a part of the repertoire of your memories of love and togetherness.
A wedding invitation these days are not just a formal invite to the ceremonies but a reflection of the grandeur and class of your wedding. It says a lot about both the personal taste of the couple and their immediate families. So, for that, a lot of emphasis and points are being given to making an appropriate choice while selecting one’s Wedding Invitation. An ideal invite should make a statement, give an idea of the wedding theme, but not be too OTT, over the top. Anything that screams a show-off from the rooftop or is too loud to defy the norms of class and elegance is a definite no-no.
Couples these days are a lot into customization of their wedding invitation designs. Everyone wants it to be unique. Some keep it traditional, romantic, vintage, classic, or very minimalistic. If you are planning your entire wedding around a theme and are very particular about the minutest of the details, we suggest you take a very keen interest in the aesthetics of your wedding invitation design. Our Trousseau Shopping services also entail shopping and styling of wedding Invitation cards. And we always urge the couples to stand out and make a statement in the way they wish to invite their friends and family to come and bless them on the most celebrated day of their life.
We have listed below a few very unique and innovative Wedding Invitation ideas which can also be incorporated in the ‘Save the date’ designs. Hope you would love these and do feel free to write to us in the comments below if you would solicit our help with executing any of these ideas.
Most Unique, Innovative ideas for a Wedding Invitation Design
1. If your entire Wedding is being worked around a theme, then stick to it even while selecting your Wedding Invitation as well. The design and style of your invite shall resonate very well with the overall theme. The guests should get a feel and a glimpse of what to look forward to as soon as they open the invite.
2. If you have time in hand, you can certainly opt for your Wedding Website. You can share images, videos, and blog posts talking about your journey so far. Tell people about your love story through a series of posts. Get insights into your preparations for the wedding, your joyous moments through the journey. Give them direct access to all the fun, excitement, and what goes on ‘behind the scenes’ through all the preparations for the big day. Make them feel closer and a part of your journey.
3. Keep the color theme of the entire wedding very similar. This has a very strong recall value. Whenever people will think of your wedding ceremonies, they would associate everything with those colors. If you are planning the entire décor for your wedding in Classic Ivory and gold, you should not be opting for a pink and burgundy Wedding Invitation card. The colors should all be the same throughout.
4. I recently had someone send me a Wedding Invitation with a bottle of Red Wine and a designer stole with the names of the Bride and the Groom printed on it all over. It was from a reputed designer label. This makes for a lot of sense as even post attending the wedding, whenever the guests would style that scarf and wear it, they would always be carrying your name and remembering your wedding. The money invested here serves some practical purpose too. Do ensure, however, to keep the design very stylish, subtle, and minimalistic. It should appeal to the tastes of everyone.
5. Experiment with the texture and fabric of the invite. A foiled silver and gold leaf with the invitation engraved on it is a very classic style. Keep the font big and dark for proper readability.
6. Laser Cut Wedding Invitation cards have been quite a trend these days. Go in for the classic white and gold combination or maybe even black and gold. These invites give out a very classic and rich vibe. Do make sure that the laser design is done with a lot of precision and look for a very detailed design. It should reflect the craftsmanship and fine quality of the final product.
7. This one is for the keeps. You can have an invite prepared with the candid images of the couple in black and white. Adds a lot of personal touches and yet looks formal at the same time. The couple should ideally get a dedicated photoshoot done for this with a well-thought mood board in mind.
8. Wedding Invitation in glass framework. This is an unbreakable specimen of glass and is not too delicate. Keep the shape either rectangle or you can also go in for an oval, pentagon, or hexagon shape. Get the invite printed in black with a big and clear enough font to keep the readability seamless.
9. Couples these days hold an individuality of their own and often come from an illustrious field of work. Not everyone invited to a wedding is from an immediate or closely related family. Why not give the guests a glimpse of the overall personalities of the Bride and the Groom? The idea is to make them feel a little more connected and aware of the couple whose wedding they are attending. You can have your Wedding Invitation card printed creatively in the form of a two-page booklet that talks about the Bride and Groom and their achievements, body of work, personalities, and journey of life so far. One can seek a professional content writer for this. Can keep it light-hearted or even weave it around a storyboard.
10. For our couple who are flora aficionados and have a love for plants, they can also send out a small vase with a plant, or flowers or even a customized pot from a florist vendor along with a minimalist handwritten invite. This trend has been quite picking up with the urban couples these days who prefer personalized invites over anything else.
11. Wedding Invitations with Lacework epitomize elegance. Choose a very soothing pastel color, maybe a lilac, pink, or lavender, and get the lace interwoven around the sides of your wedding invite, or maybe as creatively as your designer can style it. It looks ethereal, even more, when the entire them of your wedding is in the same color. Opt for white or ivory as the base color while styling such Wedding Invitation cards.
12. Lastly, this one is one of our personal favorites. Your Wedding Invitation should have leaflets for each of the ceremonies with oil-based paintings of the couple. It could be a portrait of the two. These invites would end up a hole in your pocket, but it would be all worth it. Keep the base white and the font black with only the portraits of the couple in color.
The Wedding industry these days has a lot of creative Invitation card designers beaming up but if you are looking for something exclusive and superlative, you need some really creative minds to take up the task. As Trousseau Shoppers, we have worked with a few good names while styling the weddings of our clients. You can bookmark any of these if you are planning for an innovative Wedding Invitation card for your upcoming Wedding.
Some very well-known Wedding Invitation Designers
1.RAVISH KAPOOR DESIGNS
Where: Naman Niwas, B-93 GK-1, Ekasur Vithi Road, B Block, Greater Kailash I, New Delhi
2. ENTERTAIMENT DESIGN COMPANY (EDC)
Where: DLF Emporio, 426, Third Floor, DLF Emporio, Vasant Kunj II, New Delhi
3. PUNEET GUPTA INVITATIONS
Where: Moolchand Flyover, E-3, Ring Rd, Defence Colony, New Delhi, Delhi
4. Y.S. DESIGN STUDIO
Where: YS Design Studio Pvt. ltd. 145/1, Ground Floor, Shahpur Jat Village, New Delhi
5. TURMERIC INK
Where: 119 Sishan House, Shahpur Jat, Siri Fort, New Delhi
6. HOUSE OF DESIGN
Where: D-30, 3rd floor, Defence Colony, New Delhi