5 Must-have SEXY SLIP DRESSES from ZARA No Woman Should Miss
Women, whose personal style is synonyms with elegance and femininity, have always been intuitively drawn to dresses. There is something about slip dresses that echoes sexy, erotic as well as classy and rich at the same time. Spring-summer is all about those floral dresses and white cotton and lace dresses, but slip dresses in satin and lace are our utmost favourite. These dresses have recently gained momentum in popularity, and for good reason. There is no way you cannot dress up or dress down a particular dress. A sexy slip dress can be body-hugging, or free-flowing, but the way it wraps around the woman’s body like a fluid is in itself very poised and Mademoiselle-like.
A slip dress is conventionally meant to resemble an under slip or a feather-light piece of lingerie worn underneath. Something that doesn’t cling to the woman’s body yet gives a structure to the silhouette of her anatomy. Traditionally cut on the bias, the dress usually has spaghetti straps and no outlined definition on the neckline. It is as free-flowing on the body, as a length of satin wrapped around callously. Though it has undertones of being an undergarment, yet the ideal purpose of a slip dress is to be seen, and rather embellished with satin, lace, and other see-through fabric, such that glimpses of the skin are visible from underneath. No wonder, the slip dresses are the ultimate sexy slip! You know what we mean.
For the modern woman, who is so well familiar with her sensuality and doesn’t inhibit from reflecting it in her unabashed sartorial choices, a sexy slip dress in her wardrobe is a must-have. Through a well- scouted and fastidiously filtered research report, we share with you 5 slip dresses from the Spanish high-street Fashion brand ZARA. No fashionista, or any woman who has even had a brief long-distance association with fashion and beauty, would have been unenlightened with this brand. ZARA, along with the likes of MANGO, MARKS & SPENCER, H&M has been a forerunner and one of the most loved brands when it comes to urban wear and high street clothing and accessories.
Decoding the 5 SEXY SLIP DRESSES from ZARA no woman should miss
- The colour of this dress makes for a way too cool a choice for the summer season. With sweltering summer, whites, baby pinks, powder blues would be the most soothing and calming colour choices. The dress fits close to the body and has a very minimalistic feel to it. The hemline falls above the knee and the dress is short and smart enough to qualify as a sexy slip dress, ideal for summers. The fabric is towel-based and porous enough to absorb all the summer sweat. God knows how many degrees the temperature would soar with this dress. For the styling, wear a pair of high heel mules, all covered or with bare feet with this dress. Remember, the sexier you keep it, the more enhanced the final impact would be. For the jewellery, wear just a sleek piece of link chain on the neck and a watch on the wrist. A few rings here and there, and you are great to go. Let the neutrality of this sexy slip dress do all the talking.
Priced at Rs. 1,890
2. This dress is as sexy as it can get. Yet it has that ‘naïve, innocent, lost in the woods’ girl sort of vibe. It is the dark khaki colour that steals the heart at the first glance. There is a long slit on one side and buttons stitched in the same fabric as the dress. The neck is slightly plunging with thin straps on the shoulders. As romantic and dreamy as it may sound, the satin fabric of the dress does all it can to accentuate those curves and exhibit them in the most fluid, flattering way possible. You ask us the best way to accessorize this dress, and we say DON’T accessorize it at all. Wear some high black heels. Pour in some nice seductive fragrance and you are good to go. If at all you want to add on some element, just wear a thin, feminine bracelet or a watch on one of the wrists, and throw in a couple of sleek rings and you are great to go!
Priced at Rs. 2,790
3. This orange-red sexy slip dress is a show-stealer. Firstly, the colour; the lesser said, the better. It is the colour of romance and passion and looks straight dive out from some Romantic Hollywood movie of the 1980s. The fabric of the dress is satin, the straps holding on the dress on your bosom are just 2 thin straps that can be adjusted as per your anatomy. The neckline is flowing plunged. We wonder what is not to love about this dress that has the word ‘LOVE’ spread all over it. Minimally accessorized, this dress makes for a perfect outfit choice for Valentine’s Day or for any romantic dinner date for that matter. Romance would not be set off far, with this dress being there on the lady love!
Priced at Rs. 2,990
4. The reason this dress has made it to our list of sexy slip dresses is for its short hemline, the deep V-neck, the very chic print, and the sexy gathering at the neckline. The dress is in shades of print green hues with adjustable straps to hold on to the dress. The length is quite and by far above the knees, giving the dress a cute connotation. Avoid wearing heels with this look. Wear a sexy neckpiece to cover up that space left bare on the neck. Some gold neck chains would enhance the look and complement the forest green colour of the dress well. Ideal for girls with a lean frame, the dress is not overtly sexy in your face, yet looks very feminine and girly because of the fabric gathering and the mini length.
Priced at Rs. 2,790
5. Last on our list, there is no way this sexy slip dress would not have made it here. This dress is for the strong woman of today, who is a boss lady, yet has a delicate, vulnerable side to her that still craves unconditional companionship and support. A polka-dot dress, the soothing green colour is plain love at first sight. There is something about the structure of this slip dress that makes it equal parts soft as well as powerful. The best accessory with this dress would be to wear your grace and poise and just behave like one of the most elegant women out there, to have even walked over the face of this planet.
Priced at Rs. 2,990
We hope your sartorial senses have been much aroused with a flip through this compilation of ours on the slip dresses no woman should miss. You might not be able to stock on all the five dresses mentioned here (only because of closet space constraints), but the more you have the better. While jotting down these dresses, we have kept the versatility of the looks in mind. All these dresses can be styled in a zillion ways (to each his creativity). If you cannot think of anything else, just throw in a denim jacket over the dress, and you would look supremely stylish. Else, pair the dress with black flared trousers or even flared denims to give it a very posh, formal look. Count on us, these dresses would never let you down!