JADE ROLLERS - Decoding the BENEFITS of this ANCIENT PRACTICE
“Tradition lives because young people come along who catch its romance and add new glories to it.” – Michael Novak
Do you have an elderly member or a grandparent at home whose expertise is in imparting sage-like advice to us, the younger generation? Even though we laugh it off sometimes, there is actually a lot of rationality and wisdom in what they say- be it any natural remedies or life lessons. Yes, they did live in tougher times, but they also experienced more wholesome and healthier lives. India and China, predominantly are countries that have been immersed in rich, cultural, and holistic practices- traditions that are being redefined and finding their way in the 21st century.
One such practice that has hit the beauty world by storm is the use of JADE ROLLERS– a historical Chinese convention, which has pronounced health and healing properties. Rooted in 17th-century Chinese medicine, jade rollers are beauty tools made of jade or other natural stones such as amethyst or quartz that are used for facial massages. Today, with the advent of social media, these gems have just become hyper-visible, thanks to our obsession with ‘skinvestment’. Hashtags such as #skinschool and #beautytips are quite in vogue today.
We’re quite thrilled to live in an era, where there is a marvellous confluence of the past and the present, and birthing such practices with a contemporary twist. For the unaware, “A JADE ROLLER has two rolling cylinders connected by a stem. The smaller rolling end is for hard-to-reach areas such as under eyes while the larger end is for the rest of your face, neck and décolleté”, Dr, Sonavane of Ambrosia Aesthetics explained in an interview. A distinct feature of the same is that it is a natural coolant.
HOW TO USE JADE ROLLERS TO STIMULATE ALL THE RIGHT SPOTS?
Cosmetologists worldwide have unanimously agreed that this ancient, on the go marvel requires a set number of steps to avail of its full efficiency, which are as follows:
- Gently apply a serum, facial oil, moisturizer, or any sort of lubrication on your face.
- Commencing at the neck, roll in an upward fashion.
- Delicately roll from the jawline to the ear on both sides, followed by jaw to the cheekbones.
- Next, focus on the forehead until the temple region, similarly.
- Flatly sweep over your eyebrows, horizontally, and get rid of that splitting headache.
- You can supplement it with facial massages or what is famously known as “facial yoga”.
Okay, now that we’re kind of transposed into the after-effect zone of using this skincare hack, let’s talk about the advantages that they effuse.
For starters, Dr, Sperling, a renowned dermatologist, decoded the keystone benefit of using jade rollers in an interview, citing, “The pressure and cold of the roller help to improve circulation and increase lymphatic drainage.” This is a process of massaging by which fluids are transported to your lymph nodes, allowing them to consequently absorb and filter them out of your system, thereby ensuring a constant circulation of blood throughout our bodies. Deep- delving into these advantages, we have unravelled a few more advantages for you:
HOW IS A JADE ROLLER EFFECTIVE IN BOOSTING SKINCARE
1. Helps with depuffing and reducing swelling– We are sure most of you have fallen prey to this bummer- while waking up in the mornings, after enjoying that much-needed glass of Merlot, or simply by having a stuffed nose (damn, that cold!) Resulting from an overload or excess, it evenly drains out the lymph fluid and distributes blood uniformly, also providing our affected muscles relief.
2. Stabilizes the redness or the rosacea that is faced– Just a gentle massage, and these skincare woes are miraculously taken care of.
3. Skin-soother and a relaxant: An easy fix after a stressful day at work, which relaxes the skin because of its natural cooling tendency. Enabling to relieving the pain points if massaged accurately, it helps to relieve stress, reduce the headache and just put us in a tranquil or Zen-like state.
4. It does not have any chemicals or additives: Living in an era of pollutants and toxins, this is a pleasant change incorporated in our self-care.
5. Distributes skincare products: Though makeup looks lovely and enhances our appearance, wearing thick layers of it each day isn’t really a good idea. Living in an age where we, almost unforgivingly, wear makeup every day, rollers help our skin open up and breathe easily. Moving a jade roller over that nourishing hydraulic facial serum or that penetrating facial oil really helps the product to penetrate deeper. This enhances the impact of the product on our skin multi-fold. Keeping our skincare routine in mind, an effective jade roller helps evenly distribute these enhancing supplements throughout our face.
6. Promoting self-healing positive energy: Known as the stone of eternal youth, jade helps fight age. It also carries healing properties that bring about a sense of alignment and harmony in our bodies. Transporting us to a ‘bodhi’ state (the state of enlightenment attained by a Buddhist who has practiced the Eightfold Path and achieved salvation), it emits positive energy and hormones such as endorphins which bring about pleasure and calm your nerves, thereby, restructuring your biological system.
ONLINE PLATFORMS FROM WHERE YOU CAN ORDER EXOTIC JADE ROLLERS
As exotic or uncommon as it may sound, it is actually not very difficult to attain the luxury of owning a Jade roller in your vanity. There are several online as well as offline platforms as well as brands available that would be more than thrilled at the idea of delivering a luxurious jade roller right at your step (with the COD code applied of course and some good enough delivery charges). We have saved you the time and energy to identify these platforms and compiled a list of some of the top names for your ease.
Now that you’ve learned all there is to about jade rollers, how many of you all want to lay your hands on it, put on some soothing music, dim the lights and just experience this Zen-like calm. We sure do!