HERBIVORE BOTANICALS - A Skincare Miracle of sorts
“Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle”-Erno Laszlo
Skincare regimes are more than a fad today, and we must say that we are not disappointed. With an increasing awareness of skin hygiene, it really is upon us women to take care of our skin. In an era of global warming and extreme pollution, we’re invariably prone to getting acne, blemishes, and other skin-related issues.
Apart from keeping our skin hydrated, it is very essential to invest in a good rejuvenating beauty routine. Renowned dermatologist and founder of Murad Skincare, Dr.Murad once cited, “Healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness”. Speaking of wellness, we think that a lot also has to do with a reflection of how we feel inside. Think about this- don’t we tend to get pimples or breakouts when we are extremely stressed or anxious in anticipation or consequence of a particular entity? It’s our body’s way of telling us to slow down and relax; pause, reflect, and just take a breather. Hello, let’s just take care of our wrinkles and frown lines, right?
And, now to talk about needles and the consequent trend- just a more holistic and a wholesome preventive step today will reap its fruits in the years to come, courtesy, aging gracefully. If followed meticulously, there’s no need for fillers and Botox. Moving away from the superficial pedestal, let’s not forget the deeper benefits. For starters, by adopting this facial cleansing plan, we can reduce ‘Desquamation’ (shedding or peeling of the outer layer of the skin). It is a process by which old, damaged and dead skin cells are eradicated, and replaced with healthier and new ones. When this mechanism is disrupted, it becomes difficult to get rid of acne quickly or permanently. When we take care of the same diligently, our self-healing properties naturally fall into place.
In a raging topic, did you know that our skin is at its peak at 18 years of age? In hindsight, our skin is at its radical best, which delineates in our 30’s. Similarly, our skin too follows this pattern accordingly. The foundation of healthy, radiant, and youthful skin is stronger smoothness, elasticity, and strength. With increased age, our skin initiates itself into a long journey towards dryness, frailty, and ruggedness. Thereby, a C-E-M or a cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing regime are always recommended.
Furthermore and probably one of the mainstay points of captivating interest is the fact that fresh and nourished skin is more resilient in dealing with an occasional pimple, wrinkle, or scar, and making us resistant to any injuries, changes, or irritations. Now, folks, pay attentive heed to what we deem as a disclaimer that needs to be etched in our memories- a great self-care procedure significantly boosts our MENTAL HEALTH. From uplifting our self-confidence to keeping us grounded and being in the here and now, or even getting us to love ourselves. Don’t get us wrong out here; it’s just one of the perils of living in a super-conscious 21st century. More power to those who can embrace their scars, and transform their ideals of beauty. A manifold self-care regime can be an amazing stress buster, especially in times of emotional or mood upheavals. Experts often say that when you are satisfied in one aspect of your life, it translates into the other areas too and rightly so.
(P.S. – To all you beautiful women, you should accept all your imperfections and flaunt them beautifully. Always remember, it’s the self-confidence that is appealing and alluring).
HERBIVORE BOTANICALS – NATURAL, CRUELTY-FREE SKINCARE
Lastly, our skin types range from oily, dry, and with a combined intonation. Depending on the same, our skincare necessities, too understandably differ. For instance, someone with a dry skin type may require more moisturizer. There are a lot of home-grown, organic and international skin care brands that have entered this foray with a big bang- today this industry is valued at billions of dollars. Several companies such as Dot & Key, Kama Ayurveda, and Kiehls have come out with a vast range of products. One such brand that has created a rage is ‘HERBIVORE BOTANICALS’. Not only is it organic, and sustainable with the use of natural, reinvigorated materials, but it also nourishing and glow-inducing. It eschews chemical preservatives for healthy substitutes such as fruit acid exfoliators and replenishing plant oils.
To all you self-confessed beauty obsessive patrons, their range of products is quite a steal. Founded by skin-care experts, Julia Wills and Alexander Kummarow, in 2011, this beauty brand went from the humble Etsy platforms to competing with top-notch brands at the beauty mogul platforms of Sephora and Madewell. What we absolutely love about them is that they contribute to the environment and the society in a diverse manner- whether it is to manufacture vegan and cruelty-free products, or supporting and empowering Black entrepreneurs, they believe rising above. Several celebrities and influencers have adored their line and use it religiously.
Whilst giving us some tips on the topic, they have something for every skin type and the varied needs and preferences. We, too, have some of our top picks that we curated for you guys to check out, which are as follows:
1. Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow: Meant to uplift dry skin, this oil is filled with extracts of squalene, hemp seed oil, and safflower oil, whose fatty acids strengthens the skin’s protective barriers against external irritants through their shiitake mushroom and ashwagandha root. Also, this means that our skin is retaining the essential moisture. Consequently, we get blessed with softer, plumper, and brighter skin. It is priced at $48 (INR 3,500).
2. Pink Clay Exfoliating Mask: Priced at $22 (INR 1,600), this face mask is best for the oily skin. Harnessing the oil-absorbing power of the clays, it soaks up all the excessive sebaceous materials from the skin. Unable to clog pores, the probability of breakouts is reduced.
3. Herbivore Orchid Facial Oil: Like most of its oils, Orchid is a mixture of sorts. It’s non-fragrant oils containing squalane and camellia, deeply moisturizes skin, keeping it soft and supple. It is fully worth the $64 (INR 4,650), at which this product is prized.
In one of his interviews, Alexander once mentioned, “good oil should really sink into the skin. It’s not just about finding the ingredients that are going to be good for your skin type, but the experience that you have when using oil. I’d recommend using oil in place of your moisturizer, morning and night. You can also put a couple of drops in your moisturizer if you feel like you need something more.” Functioning on this motto, they have tried to stay authentic to this notion.
4. Herbivore Coco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish: Sold at $36 (INR 2,600), this scrub is one of the best sellers for this indie brand; totally worth all its evangelizing. It burnishes dead skin without leaving your skin exposed and also doubles up as a pre-shave or a weekly treatment. The rose floral scent nuzzles and satisfies our fragrant cravings rightfully. SHOP NOW
5. Rose Quartz GuaSha: Utilized for ameliorating the skin’s elasticity, and depuffing, it sort of naturally lifts one’s skin. Costing $13 (INR 945), one can use it to their heart’s content, and they came in various shapes such as brutalist resembling square to the omnipresent vague heart. SHOP NOW
That’s it for today, you lovely people. If this article has piqued your interest, head over to their website to get a detailed look into the wide range of treats that they have to offer. We are in awe of their cute little dropper bottles, smart formulae, and eye-catching names such as Emerald and Blue Tansy, which totally draws a clever association with its subsequent resources. Their several serums, night masks, and crystal cleansers among other tidbits connote of heaven on earth for all cosmetic lovers.