Are WOMEN better at MULTITASKING than Men?
“Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus”
A quick disclaimer at the beginning, though this content piece is being written by a woman, the opinion and the inclusivity of aspects is totally unbiased and accommodating. So, either of the genders out there do not feel violated or not sided with. We are very open to your side of the stories and viewpoints and encourage you to share the same in the ‘Comments’ section below. So well, let’s dive straight into the point of introspection then. Are women better at multitasking than men?
Women and men are drastically different from each other. Though no comparisons, as each gender has its own positive attributes, and may fare better than the other in a few of the aspects, but in aggregate or sum total, they are at par with each other. Rest is also subjective from individual to individual, irrespective of gender.
When it comes to their approach to addressing a task at hand, women and women have slightly different attitudes. While women, basis their strong emotional quotient, add empathy to any task at hand, men are more practical and quick in their approach. Women are wired to be over-analytical, and over-thinkers, and hence, they mostly tend to delve deep into any task at hand and get into its technicalities in depth.
Men, on the other hand objectively analyze everything and then adopt an informed, calculated approach or decision. Most often, a male might not take the emotional, behavioral, or psychological aspect of the task or situation into consideration, but the female won’t miss that. She might, however, miss out on a practical side of the topic.
ARE WOMEN BETTER AT MULTITASKING THAN MEN?
By nature, women have been levied with a lot of responsibilities and roles to play. She is a daughter, a sister, a mother, a boss, a daughter-in-law, and lots more. Even men are the male counterparts of all of these roles, yet it is always the woman who is expected to be a GIVER. We would not adhere to the term ‘giver’ here because of the obvious connotations, but yes, women, are ‘nurturers’, and ‘nourishers’ by nature. Being bestowed upon with the power to birth, she is also the ‘rearer’ as she is capable of carrying and bringing a new life into this world. It is a nature’s miracle and women would always have a lead over men because only they possess this SUPERPOWER!
Hence, the way a woman would take care, and empathetically carry forward a task or a role to its successful culmination is quite more remarkable than how a man would do it. For all the above-stated responsibilities that solely fall on the shoulders of a woman, they are also intrinsically ingrained with certain attributes. Only a woman can manage the home chores, the family, as well as the work, demands as successfully as they do.
Arguably, if a man is weighed with so much to do in a day as much a woman accomplishes, he would not be able to sustain successfully even for a week. In all honesty, it does take a toll on the individual on a lot of levels.
“I am not the first woman to multitask. I am not the first women to work and have a baby – there are many women who have done this before.” – JACINDA ARDERN
A lot of urban, working women these days are managing their corporate roles with just as much finesse, as they are setting up their homes or cooking a wholesome nutritional meal for their family. They drive, they make presentations, they feed, the gym, all of this while looking good, prim and proper, all at once. If this isn’t multitasking then what is.
It is inspiring and heart-warming to see a lot of young girls, aged between 25-35 years, setting up entire business empires of their own. They are the most inspiring ‘Boss Ladies’ at what they do. Be it brand owners, fashion designers, bloggers, and influencers, or management graduates, womenpreuners, or company CEO’S. They all know what they want and would not leave a stone unturned to accomplish that sooner or later.
The same women, start their days early, meditate, send out their children to school, reach for their early morning presentation in time, meet the client at brunch, work on their bodies in the gym and again at night, take some time out to spend quality moments with their spouse. All this while, keeping a sharp focus on their individual goals as well as the betterment and progress of their family life. If this is not multitasking, then what else is? If you are still scouting for the answer to ‘are women better at multitasking than men’, we advise you to run through the list below.
“IT’S HARD TO BE A WOMAN
You must think like a man,
Act like a lady,
Look like a young girl,
And work like a horse.”
(If this is not multitasking, then what else is?)
To name a few women, who are very confidently managing and excelling at all the spheres of their life, while setting up a role model example for the society, there is:
1. ADITI GUPTA, the co-founder of Menstrupedia – She has been working towards raising awareness around Menstruation and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, BBC, and Reuters.
2. BASUDHA SHRIVASTAV, the co-founder of Express Earth Digital Services – She is a mother as well as the owner of this travel agency.
3. DIVYA GOKULNATH, the co-founder of BYJU’s (the learning educational app) – She was featured as one of LinkedIn’s top voices in 2019 and only recently BYJU’s went on to acquire Akash Academy – the institution that prepares students for engineering and doctorate exams.
4. FALGUNI NAYAR, the founder of Nykaa – The online beauty and wellness store that stocks up on all the haircare, skincare, and cosmetics brands. Recently, the brand has opened up its physical retail stores as well as ventured into the fashion segment.
5. KIRAN MAZUMDER SHAW, the founder of Biocon Limited – She is a billionaire women entrepreneur in India and very well known in the start-up and business circles. Counted under the TIMES Magazine 100 most influential people in the world, she is also recognized as a global leader for Biotechnology.
6. NAIYYA SAGGI, founder of Baby chakra – Naiyaa is one of the many women entrepreneurs who were able to scale up her passion into a profitable business idea. She is currently the Founder and CEO of Baby Chakra, India’s popular parenting and childcare app.
7. MEHAK SAGAR, co founder of Wed Me Good – The portal is one of India’s leading Wedding portal that is a one stop shop for all your wedding planning and shopping needs. In the words of Mehak, ‘Superwomen are just women who just accept and love themselves and understand the fact that it takes immense sacrifices to achieve the goals that they have set out for themselves to achieve.’
8. RICHA SINGH, co-founder YourDOST – During her graduation from IIT, she witnessed the suicide of a fellow graduate. This motivated her to build a platform around mental health and well-being. YourDOST is a well-known Mental Health online platform.
The list of women who are managing work empires, as well as leading at the home front is exhaustive and long-running. We can go on and on with the names. Of course, men too are very hugely successful and acclaimed work professionals and achievers, but the way women handle a lot of tasks at the shore, both on the professional and personal front is commendable. There is not an iota of doubt that women are meticulous multitaskers and are well-equipped to handle any task to perfection. Are women better multitaskers than men? Well, we open this question to the readers and leave it subjective to individual interpretation and experiences.
We would love to hear your views in the comments section below.