GOLD PLATED HERRINGBONE CHAIN - Top stores to buy in India
If you are a 90’s or a 2000s kid, then one jewellery fad that you will be well aware of is a god-like obsession with fine jewellery– especially gold-plated. Gold plated Herringbone Chain, if you have had the managed to lay your sight on a fine specimen, are quite a rage these days.
As most of the millennial girls in the country, are you guilty of swooning over the Greek God, Hrithik Roshan when he debuted in his film, and his accessory, which became an instant favourite; a braided gold line- that is essentially what is known as a HERRINGBONE CHAIN. Well, our own style icon had decoded this futuristic fashion trend much ahead of his time. A flat chain in feature with a firm lobster clasp, it is a unisex creation, which can be worn by both, males and females. A quintessential Herringbone chain is better known for its styling and machine designing; we have options available in both gold and silver these days, though our votes are totally sided towards the golden version of this beauty.
For the unaware, a herringbone is a style of necklace which is made up of thin and flat metal segments. Firmly pieced together at a slightly diagonal angle, it is skillfully woven to create a braided, flattened-looking chain. There is a contrasting cacophony between the tight textured feel and the simplicity in appearance. Quite sturdy in their grasp, these chains are impossible to fix, and the deteriorated mark will always remain. Ideally, one should not buy it with pendants, since the charm is in wearing it by itself. What we love about this chain is that it has the scope to be both- subtle and blingy.
Women can wear these ostentatious ornaments in an extremely classy and sophisticated fashion, while men can bling it up, aka, giving it the hip hop jewellery feel. For the men, who are keen on the trend of hip-hop jewellery, you must go through our dedicated feature on the much popular brand, FROST NYC. From Eminem, Akon to Bella Hadid and Priyanka Chopra Jonas– they all have worn these timeless pieces and given it a personality of their own.
Characterized by a geometric tessellation, and boasting of inimitable craftsmanship, these herringbone chains come in several colours such as silver or different hues of gold, with materials being procured globally. They also make a good option for eye-catching bracelets and anklets.
Gold Plated Herringbone Chain: UNDERSTANDING THE NUANCES
We personally adore the gold-plated herringbone designs, since it adds a bit of regality and gravitas to this eternal piece, while also looking contemporary at the same time. Read on to know more about factors you need to consider while investing in your herringbone necklace, which can traverse you from a ditsy brunch to an evening reception seamlessly.
- Termed as solid gold, the 24k pure form is mixed with other metals such as silver, titanium, and iron amongst others, giving it its unique colour.
- Ideally, go for a 14k to an 18k gold finish, while choosing your pick.
- When one is going for a gold-plated finish, extra preservation needs to be accounted for. These are cheaper options. You need to ensure minimum exposure to lotion, sweat, or water, as the metal will start corroding and lead to discoloration. A ‘gold-filled necklace’ is more durable.
- Decide the design that you’re going for-a simplistic cable chain or the androgynous Figaro; a puffed mariner or a supportive rope chain; and lastly, a snake or a wheat chain, and the subsequent quality- solid, plated, or hollow
- Keeping in mind your personality, you can decide whether you want to go for a minimalist vibe or give out an outlandish message. Likewise, decide the length ranging from 12 inches and upwards, preferably. Thickness in mm will depend on the look too.
THE HERRINGBONE CHAIN CRAZE
Helmed as one of the biggest comeback trends of 2021, the stalwarts of the publishing world from Vogue to Harper’s Bazaar have sung immense praises for this eternal piece. Apart from classics such as the Kinn Studio Carter flat Herringbone Chain which is exquisite and a high-end accessory in dull gold or Love you More’s Gold Herringbone Chain, which is a complete juxtapose from the former due to its urban and contemporary feel, we have listed down a few places where you can avail of the same in India:
- Tanishq: One of India’s prolific jewellery stores, Tanishq houses many brands under its purview. Catering to happy patrons for many years, they are pretty much like a mall when it comes to all things gold. If we were you, we would start our herringbone hunt from there.
- Caratlane: A sister concern of Tanishq, this brand is known for its Gold-plated Herringbone collection. Be it their Wide or Classic Box Gold Chain, they add that extra oomph to your décolletage. Their starting prices are Rs 10,000.
- Olio Stories: Our personal favourite, we highly recommend this quaint and cutesy brand to everybody. Infused with a useful zest, we believe they understand today’s women, and the balance they aim to strike. Their elevated herringbone chain is such a marvel, and it can be layered with an oval or a reversible chain beautifully. Panache personified! And all their materials are handcrafted rurally. It is available for Rs 6200.
- Jaypore: A multi-designer online brand dealing in trousseau to home and art décor amongst other sectors, this is a place with finesse and grace. Their collection gives us the princely feels.
- Candere: With Kalyan Jewellers as its parent company, Candere has a wide variety of gold plated jewellery, especially several herringbone designs to get us tempted. Its prices start from Rs. 9000.
As a piece of parting advice, we’d like to give you a styling tip: wear it with a maxi or a gown as a single eternal piece. Layering with a cable or a thinner chain, you can make it look ditsy and vibrant, even in your casual-chic avatar. Also, if you’re feeling experimental, wear it as an anklet or a bracelet- multi-use, galore?