ANOMALY by PRIYANKA CHOPRA JONAS: Redefining Hair Care
Revolutionary. Unconventional. Fearless. Individuality. Aren’t these adjectives pretty synonymous with the meaning of ‘Anomaly’- someone or something that deviates from the normal? And, would you disagree with us that our very own global icon who has had a worthwhile trajectory in life, and has attained a celestial position due to her perseverance describes this word beautifully?
Yes, ladies, we are talking of the talented powerhouse- Priyanka Chopra Jonas. From being conferred with the title of Miss India in 2000, to proving her mettle as a brilliant actress; both in India and globally, she has come a long way. When she is not regaling the world with her effervescent voice or authoring her book, she is honing her entrepreneurial skills through her production house dishing out real stories, or launching her haircare brand, ANOMALY by Priyanka Chopra Jonas. Yes, you heard that right! We are just totally in awe of just how much potential she possesses.
An overachiever, she has always firmly stood by what she has believed in and incorporated the same into all her endeavours- be it shackling stereotypes, and making the colour ‘brown’ recognized globally, or stringing upon our hearts with her genuine performances as an actor or a singer; she has always reached for the stars and how! In a recent interview, Priyanka cited, “An Anomaly is something I’ve always strived to be, something that deviates me from what is standard or expected”. And, that is what she hopes to achieve with this hair care line – the much looked forward to ‘Anamoly by Priyanka Chopra Jonas’.
As a 15-year-old, when she was residing in the U.S., she would go to a Wal-Mart to buy shampoos for her frizzy and dry hair, which was “all over the place”.
Being extremely conscious of her looks and a victim of bullying while growing up, she wanted to create something that would relate with a teenager today and would lessen some of their woes. We believe that being accessible at TARGET, with a low price range hits all the right notes. Additionally, she totally kept up with the young generation by launching it on social media, aka Instagram, just days before the 1st February inauguration at TARGET.
THE MISSION OF ANOMALY
As a global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, the topic of sustainability has always been close to her heart. Abiding by her viewpoint, she recently stated, “I think it’s high time that beauty and fashion take responsibility”. And since “beauty shouldn’t cost us the earth”, she introduced this line of beauty products as eco-friendly, cruelty free and 100 % vegan. Free of harmful chemicals, she wants to create an everyday line of hair care products that are easy to use.
Marketed as “clean”, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has partnered with a beauty brand creator and incubator, ‘Maessa’, with an aim to create result-driven formulas and celebrity looks people admire. Teaming up with a renowned beauty lover, who has millions of followers, this firm can jointly produce newer, refined, distinct, and relevant beauty brands to the world with their expertise in the field. The collection which comprises eight shampoos, conditioners, dry shampoo, and conditioning treatment mask, has us fantasizing about our lustrous hair days in the future. We are totally imagining the Quantico star, swishing and flirting through her long, glistening, and voluminous hair, presently, embodying the power of ‘skinamilism’ or using less, but effective hair care miracles (more on this later).
Coming to the brand of the hour ‘Anomaly by Priyanka Chopra Jonas’, we absolutely love the purpose that it advocates. Did you know that the products are packaged in earth-conscious bottles that are made from 100% plastic trash, thus contributing towards reducing and recycling hazardous waste materials? Rather, they are extremely dedicated to diverting the non-biodegradable wastes that would otherwise land up in oceans and landfills. To play a part in shrinking the plastic footprint is their utmost priority, thereby exuding a positive ‘global impact’. Also, the jasmine scent adds some oomph.
Democratizing beauty, Anomaly breathes a healthy life into their range of products by spending less on their packaging and concentrating those resources towards developing superior and classy formulae, which are natural and nutritious. Adhering to this motto, their produce eradicates any irritants or filler items, leading to more efficacious and mindfully selected ingredients. Promoting equality, they want a beauty line that is affordable and can be used by all, irrespective of class and gender. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that all their products are endorsed as having gender-neutral qualities. Strictly discouraging the use of parabens, mineral oils, SLES, and animal testing, they are the go-to inspiration label, being hailed as an environment conscious and ethical. Practicing what they preach, they are creating a raging uproar for sticking to their “clean promise”.
Hands down, the ferocious and zesty ‘The White Tiger’ star has delivered and added yet another feather in her cap by providing high-quality hair care and redefining beauty standards. From being touted as not good-looking, to overcoming her personal demons, emanating oodles of confidence, and learning to love herself, she is the ultimate role model. If you learn to respect and love yourself, you will feel positive and sexy, you beauties. Major respect for the woman who always manages to change the Game and even sets the rules of the game herself!
ARE THE PRODUCTS ACTUALLY MONEY’S WORTH (Anomaly by Priyanka Chopra Jonas)?
Two words for the same- Hell, yes! Actually, it delivers more than what it offers. A total of eight products, the Anomaly line ranges from the spectrum of shampoos to conditioners. And guys, don’t we just completely agree with the quote, “Love is in the hair”. Well, we’re one step closer to the same, thanks to this hair care regime.
1. Clarifying Shampoo: A deep cleansing, charcoal formula, this shampoo helps remove pollution or other irritants from the scalp while providing the essential moisture. The eucalyptus additive enables to rejuvenate the hair follicles and soothe the itchy scalp.
2. Hydrating Shampoo: Apart from cleansing the hair and scalp, while preserving the moisture, this shampoo, helps to reinvigorate overworked, damaged, or dry hair with its nourishing ingredients. Aloe vera is a great calming force and an anti-irritant, while coconut oil provides the required shine and softness.
3. Gentle Shampoo: As the name suggests, this shampoo is a harmonizing agent by being gentle enough for daily use, but tough on the build-up (Ideal, right?). Loaded with rosemary and grapefruit, it provides the hair with antimicrobial and calming properties on one hand, and Vitamin C and antioxidants on the other. Consequently, it stimulates and revitalizes the scalp, thus radiating vibrancy and brightness.
4. Dry Shampoo: Are you having the ‘2nd or 3rd-day lack of glimmer’ (damn the bad hair days), but have to rush to work or are outright lazy to wash your hair? If yes, then fret not. Anomaly’s dry shampoo will be your best friend by reviving you from this hair care dilemma and absorb any form of oil-build up on the scalp. Well, y’all can totally heave a sigh of relief now! Comprising of a mixture of tea tree oil and a translucent rice powder starch, it provides the necessary nourishment and does away with any odours, while adding volume to the roots.
5. Deep Conditioning Treatment Mask: It provides a new lease of life to dry and damaged hair through intense hydration and nutrients. The moisture-locking formula keeps us safe from sun exposure or heated tools, whilst improving hair quality. Thanks to avocado oil, our hair gets the necessary fats that deeply penetrate the hair shaft to strengthen, smoothen and stimulate.
6. Smoothing Conditioner: Quite obviously, this conditioner easily controls frizzy, hard, and curly hair through its successful, silky Quinoa and Argan Oil blend.
7. Shine Conditioner: Consisting of Murumuru butter and Jojoba Oil, a protective layer is formed, whilst transforming dull and lifeless hair into a glossy, rich, and thick texture. The founding star, herself has confessed that this product is her favourite.
8. Volume Conditioner: A volumizing, lightweight formula, this conditioner is the best bet for thin, fine hair. By adding moisture and strength, it enables the hair to look full and thick and provides it with the necessary moisture. The rice protein and bamboo extracts increase the hair elasticity, making it less prone to breakage.
ANOMALY by Priyanka Chopra Jonas
Do you feel transported to a magical place? If yes, we have some news for you- all these miraculous potions are available for $5.99. Well, what can we say, having just launched across the U.S., we simply cannot wait for it to come to India. Hope that happens super soon! To sign off, all we’d like to say is that hope your day is nice as your hair and the other way around.