Decoding MAGNETIC EYELASHES: All that you need to know
Confession: Not all of us are blessed with long, luscious eyelashes! Getting our dramatic sides to the fore, how often have you’ll seen actresses flaunting beautiful, long eyelashes whilst they indulged in romantic song and dance sequences with their love interests in a movie? Takes us back to the 60’s, doesn’t it?
While ‘beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder’, do you know how arduous the process can be to get those jet black lashes? Yes, the beauty industry is constantly evolving, and experts are coming up with diverse technologies to simplify the same. In this virtual world, open a beauty influencer’s YouTube or their more accessible Instagram accounts, and you’ll see thousands of related trends floating on their feeds. From mascaras to liners, and false eyelashes, to the newly-discovered magnetic eyelashes and eyelash tints, there is something new in store for us every few months. And, how spoilt for choice do we feel?
But, hey, ‘all that glitters isn’t gold’, and so be it the ocular realm too. Speaking of an iconic invention, false eyelashes were made to let every girl live that divalicious dream of flirting through their eyes. Soon enough, their notoriously tricky application procedure, filled with the fear of having glue stuck or tearing down the natural lash started dissuading people from putting them on. While they did continue to have their fair share of patrons, make-up enthusiasts are always on the lookout for an easier way out.
Perhaps, it was worth the wait after all, for it took a while, but a more face-friendly approach was launched, which took the cosmetic industry by storm by 2018. Are you eager to know what all that hype is about? Well, read on for the mystery to unravel!
THE POLARIZING EFFECT: MAGNETIC LASHES
Whether you’re a makeup junkie or not, if you love lifestyle magazines as much as we do, you would have probably read about this marvel or seen them fluttering all about town.
Touted as the be-all and the end-all, magnetic lashes are the hottest ‘it’ accessories to possess in today’s times. Looking superiorly, ‘au naturale’ these lashes are gentle on your eyelids.
So, what exactly is the buzz around these new-fangled falsies? Having profoundly stirred up the cosmetic community, these affordable lash extensions get attached to your lids with tiny magnets, lest it leaves you in a sticky situation (pun intended). It notably adapts to your eye shape, giving you an extra oomph, length and minimal volume. Even though they appear elegant in themselves, we feel you can totally raise the barometer, by applying the old is gold winged eyeliner.
Ideal for beginners, you can carefully curate the most appealing and easily wearable lashes with high-quality materials, giving you an ‘avant-garde’ feel! Now some lashes may sandwich together with your natural ocular locks, while some may require an additional step of adding a magnetic eyeliner before you put these babies on. Irrespective of the method used, they all have an identical lengthening and plumping effect, and follow the top-down stance. What’s more is that can be reused many times! Similar to all things artificial, magnetic lashes to must be peeled carefully and gently. But more on that later.
A STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO APPLY THE MAGNETIC LASHES LIKE A BOSS
From Niki Minaj and Kylie Jenner to closer to home, our ethereal stunner, Deepika Padukone have all donned this trend that screams of intense drama and boisterous chutzpah. Now, now! As with all things spelling skincare, make sure you apply these lashes on cleansed, dry skin. And, since you’re dealing with your delicate eyes, we’d suggest be wary and wash your hands before touching that area to avoid infections. Furthermore, different brands come with their individual sets of quirks, so reading the set of instructions will not hurt anybody. Once you’re sure to proceed follow the given steps, and voila, you shall be a changed individual (exaggerating much!):
1. Apply all your other makeup and leave this ‘lashing out’ for the end.
2. Firstly, start by curling your lashes using an eyelash curler to create a firm foundation for the magnets to stick to.
3. Next, apply a coat of mascara to accentuate your natural eyelashes. Along with the thickness that you desire, embrace that furry, soft, doe-eyed look with your false lash, which will beautifully merge to give it a more realistic look. Who’s imagining this already?
4. Brace yourselves ladies! Onto the most integral step of applying ‘em lashes. Appearing tricky at first, we promise it gets easier every time until it really is a cakewalk for you. Start by holding the edges of the magnetic lash, and roll them timidly into a rainbow shape so as to give it a curve. To apply onto your lid, you can opt for either of the options:
5. Use your fingersby first placing one fake lash on top of your actual one; extremely close to the lash line. Then, taking the bottom bit, place it underneath your lash. Consequently, the magnets will click together. Repeat this process on your remaining top and bottom eyelashes.
6. Use a lash applicator: Taking the top lash initially, you put it on this instrument, and similarly, take the bottom lash which goes underneath your lash, till the magnets click together. Basically, you follow the same protocol, but your life is simplified thanks to this applicator.
Who’s overwhelmed by its deceiving complexity? Well, don’t be, for you’ll soon realize it goes quite effortlessly. Once you’ve had your oh-so-blogger moment in these lashes, all when tantalizing the town red, you need to remove it effectively. In that department, too we’ve got you lassies sorted.
No matter how much you love, DO NOT GO TO SLEEP WITH THOSE MAGNETIC LASHES ON!
These lashes should be removed before you get ready to go to bed. We sincerely suggest you to use this for special occasions, as anything artificial can be hazardous. All you need to is gently peel each side of your lashes in opposite directions, just like we do with magnets.
Then, and REMEMBER this thoroughly- use a cotton swab with eye makeup remover to get
rid of any remaining residue. Furthermore, clean your magnetic lashes with rubbing alcohol or basic soap to prevent bacterial growth. After letting it dry completely, store it in an airtight container until your next use.
It’s imperative to follow these rules, you beauties for long-term durability. Say ‘Aye’ if you agree.
HOW SAFE ARE THESE MAGNETIC LASHES?
Isn’t this always an impertinent question when it comes to any product or styling items involving our eyes? And it’s only fair, right? Because without them, we’d be lost! A California-based optometrist, Dr. Michelle Cruz’s response from one of her interviews reassured us of its efficacy as she quipped, “There is a risk when you’re putting anything near your eyes, but magnetic lashes don’t carry any of their own risks.” However, that does not take away from the extra care you need to take lest you may end up with an eye infection.
To add more credibility, these magnetic lashes and eyeliners are approved by the ultimate governing body, the Federal Drug Administration, which requires “false eyelashes, eyelash extensions, and their adhesives” to meet their safety requirements. Its winning attribute is that it does not entail the use of glue, unlike its counterpart, thereby, keeping the risk of allergies and irritants to a bare minimum. Its low amount of electromagnetic frequency emitted from the magnets on our eyelashes is very low, thus reducing the risks associated with it as well. Glues, on the other hand, contain toxins and chemicals which can be disastrous for the eyes. As with all individuals, do take a call keeping your bodily reactions in mind. For instance, if you’re someone who’s allergic to metals like nickel, then these lashes may not be a good idea for you.
Tuning in to the doctor’s proficiency, here are some of the precautions and safety tips we can follow to enjoy the best of both worlds:
- Sharing magnetic lashes with other people is a strict NO.
- Your container should always be clean, sealed and cool.
- If you experience any irritation, then be smart and stop using this accessory. Rather if it caused an infection, we’d totally advise you to throw them, ASAP!
- Always wash your hands before touching your eyelids, and rubbing it is strictly contraband.
- Avoid putting your lashes on in a moving vehicle, for it could cause an eye care mishap.
- Even though these lashes are reusable, it is better to replace them after a few months.
- In case of medical tests like an MRI, check with your doctor if you can wear them, since these machines consist of a powerful magnet.
Lastly, if you feel uncomfortable after wearing it, do not panic. Just relax and consult your physician to prescribe eye drops or medicines, which will relieve you of any uneasiness. We cross our hearts and assure you that there are no major side effects to wearing these. So, just go out there and lash out heartily!
OUR TOP PICKS TO UP YOUR SWAG
Who’s convinced to jump onto this bandwagon and look beautilicious? Are you confused as to which cosmetic brand to go for from a wide array of options? Don’t worry, we have you sorted in that regard. Here are a few of our suggestions to take you one step closer to adorn these luscious lashes.
1. ENN NATURALE MAGNETIC EYELASHES: These super-fine and mess-free marvels made of synthetic silk strands cost Rs. 1050. An evergreen buy, for sure.
2. ARDELL MAGNETIC LASH WISPIES FALSE EYELASHES: One of the industry veterans, this is a quite a popular and revered brand, whose lashes seamlessly blend in with our natural tresses. It is available for Rs. 1302.
3. BLACKBIRD MAGNETIC 3 PAIR EYELASHES AND EYELINER WITH TWEEZER: This combination pack, prized at Rs 1499 gives you a chance to be coquettish or simply hustle your way through the day in these easy-to-use, standing out tresses.
With several other beautifying labels competing in this market, it comes as no surprise that we’ll get attracted by every second product. To avail of your eye-care wonder at the earliest, you can enter or rather order from several beauty shops. Oops, sorry, can we call it a beauty haven; an alternate universe.
WHERE TO GET MAGNETIC EYELASHES ONLINE?
To sign off, all we’d like to say is ‘Live.Love.Lash.’ Go out there and make a name for yourself, you lassies. It’s time to “Have a FabuLash Day” going about accomplishing goals, replete with some boss women brouhaha.