Benefits and Uses of GARLIC FOR HAIR GROWTH
Over the years, our country has been lauded for its alternative medicine or the Ayurveda industry. Joining the strides of the Chinese and Greek cultures, we too, believe that our natural resources and greens have innate healing powers. Trust our grandparents to impart sage advice for any of our bodily woes; pretty stellar, right? Speaking of that, did you lovelies know that garlic has inherent potency, and it does more than make your scrumptious food even more delicious? With this post, we are going to decode the endless benefits of Garlic for Hair and how to use garlic for hair growth.
Did your eyes get fixated to this post to know more? Well, then go on, try our advice, and see its magic unravel! Neither an herb nor a spice, garlic is closely related to onions and shallots. Rich in anti-cancer properties, this garnishing adds more than ‘tadka’ to your daals, having numerous health benefits, including those for your hair! Yes, we know y’all are excited to know more now! From treating your common colds and coughs to resolving menstrual issues to even promoting hair growth, isn’t this 5000 year old herb too good to be true?
HOW DOES GARLIC PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH?
Yes, most of us millennial complain of incessant hair fall, exaggerating the fact that eventually we may go bald! You know as they say, sometimes simple and uncomplicated is better, and so it is with our hair. Filled with numerous vitamins, this herb is a sure shot winner in this department.
But first, let us understand what really makes it a favourable choice for the hair-care obsessed individuals:
1. Garlic possesses several antimicrobial properties that help to kill germs and bacteria, which cause scalp damage and prevent hair growth.
2. Raw garlic enhances collagen production that helps stimulate hair growth. Thanks to it being full of Vitamin C, it further ensures voluminous and lustrous hair.
3. The Vitamin C further protects our hair from free radicals and prevents hair thinning and hair loss that can be caused by oxidative stress.
4. The existence of selenium content in garlic propels blood circulation for maximum nourishment.
5. If you’re someone who’s looking for an ‘au naturale’ solution to minimize bald patches, then garlic is your life-saviour. Patients suffering from alopecia areata can experience increased hair growth.
6. Being rich in sulphur, which is essential for the base of keratin (a protein which aids in hair growth), garlic shields the resulting keratinocytes from the harmful ultraviolet radiation.
7. In this era of increased pollution and global warming, our scalps become breeding grounds for external irritants, which leads to infections, itchiness and clogging of pores. The usage of garlic heroically helps cleanse and strengthen our hair follicles, which further prevents these blizzards ravaging our hair health.
8. Consequently, garlic helps in treating dandruff and hair lice by using it in varied combinations. This is because it contains allicin, a compound suffused with antifungal characteristics, which eradicates pigmentation on skin and scalp, further leading to these issues.
9. Lastly, at some level aren’t most of our bodily functions related? Substantial amounts of Vitamin B-6, manganese, zinc and calcium present in garlic also aids in restoring thick, luminous hair growth along with a multitude of health benefits.
Which of you ladies is dreaming of flaunting Rapunzel-like long, beautiful hair? If you’re excited to try out some garlic hacks, read on to know some quick fixes to restore your hair quality.
HOW TO USE GARLIC FOR HAIR GROWTH?
Now, now! If you’re someone who’s looking for tried and tested answers to get rid of your first world problems, aka hair care scandal, bless your stars for getting you at the right place at the right time. Coming to your rescue, here are a few effective ways to be utilized twice a week to bid adios to your tresses troubles.
1. Garlic Oil: If you’ve tried onion oil, definitely give this one a try. All you’ll need is 6-7 cloves garlic and carrier oil, i.e. coconut, almond, olive-pretty much anything that suits your hair. Peel the garlic, crush into a paste whilst adding the carrier oil into a pot and heating it on medium-low flame. Add the crushed garlic into it, and wait to notice little bubble encircling the garlic in around 4 minutes. Following this, cool the mixture to room temperature, strain it and use your homemade garlic oil.
2. Garlic and Honey: With both being excellent ingredients to enable repair of dry, rough and dull hair, this hair mask is truly an elixir. Garlic accentuates hair growth with its rich nutrients, and replenishes its original shine and brightness. To make this concoction, you will need to first make a juice of 8 cloves of garlic. Post that, simply add 1 tablespoon of honey to this juice, and apply it to your scalp and roots. Wash your hair after 20 minutes.
3. Garlic Shampoo: For all those who find oiling their hair a hassle, this one’s for you. Surprised much? Yes, touted as an organic healer, all you’ll need to do is blend 15 cloves of garlic into a smooth paste and add it to a bottle of mild shampoo. Next, add ten drops of peppermint oil and your shampoo is ready to be used.
Well, that’s it for today, you beauties! There are many other ways to efficiently use this wonder herb for all kinds of hair-dry, rough, thin, frizzy and damaged. To sign off, who’s ready to jump onto the holistic bandwagon to win this battle?