42 stunning BLOUSE DESIGNS to wear with Lehengas and Sarees - Modern-day woman edition
Ask any girl who puts on an ethereal Lehenga or a graceful, classic Saree about how she feels in her bedazzling avatar! Umm, like a gorgeous supermodel, isn’t it? Moreover shouldn’t we all let out a resounding praise in favour of these wonderful outfits that showcase our culture in a shining light? Hell yes! Keeping the different eras and generations in mind, several fashion trends may have come and gone, while our inherent style has remained eternal.
From the plush, colourful, delicately handcrafted pieces etched in historical times of the Rajputana or the Mughal eras until now, infinite ideas and bridal designs be adulated while making its debut. Not only that, some revered creations are additionally re-vamped benevolently as time proceeds. Going down memory lane, reminiscing about the moment that you laid eyes on your mothers’ or grandmothers’ wedding albums, weren’t you overcome by the exuberance of those times?
Looking at our support systems resembling an image effusing a royal, resplendent aura, infused with a youthful vigour, don’t we all wish to experience that vintage charm and inexplicable happiness someday? While the trousseau was more conservative back then, the touch of elegance was never lost. Today, with women becoming incredibly bold and experimental, our couturiers too, have a variety of muses to derive ingenious inspiration from.
Filled with innate swag, didn’t the four fashionistic best-friends from the coming of age, feminist movie, ‘Veere Di Wedding’ bring about their individual quirkiness and ‘la mode’ sensibilities through their swoon-worthy Lehengas, emanating some major Wedspiration (our term!) for all our serial wedding attendees out here? Hey, and lets not forget Deepika Padukone’s oh-so-charming looks from the blockbuster, Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani? Whether you’re attending a quintessential Big Fat Indian Wedding or a home-bound, intimate wedding, who is ready to look like a dazzling diva; an epitome of authentic beauty?
42 MOST STUNNING BLOUSE DESIGNS WE ARE TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH
Have a best friend or your favourite cousin’s wedding around the corner with no clue as to what to wear? On further introspection, wouldn’t we all want to adorn some eye-catching, statement Indian attire that would surely make heads turn in enchantment? Let’s be honest, beauties! We all fantasize gloriously about our show-stopping moment replete in all our glitterati with drumrolls playing in the background.
Snapping back from this endearing daydream, do you wonder what your vibe is? From a demure, traditional belle; a retro lover; or an in-limbo dresser exuding the conventional meets the contemporary feels; or the modern risqué or glamorous woman of substance, we have it all. With our fashion industry constantly evolving, we all are entitled to the ‘perfect’ wedding outfit of our dreams.
Now, now! Who’s ready to traverse through a visual rollercoaster of a style fiesta to help you find your ravishing pick? Here it goes!
1. Looking highly beguiling and enticing isn’t Jhanavi Kapoor a vision to behold in this pink and blue number? Designed with rich, hand-woven contrasting floral embroidery, she effortlessly lets her rich slip blouse and pleated Lehenga do all the talking while donning a minimalistic get up. The complimenting dupatta embraces our tradition marvellously, while amalgamating the old with the new.
2. Journeying through eras, this decadent, Victorian age-inspired pale-blue patterned, brocade corseted blouse along with gold straps gives a flawless modern twist to our bodies. Meant for a courageous woman, who is unafraid to take risks, this piece surely needs an outburst of confidence to carry it with panache. Taking a piece from any of our loved influencer’s style guides, wouldn’t this make for a spunky Saree blouse?
3. Blending bold with resounding elegance and minimalism, this floral applique blouse in white and pastel hues is every woman’s dream! Creating a majestic illusion through its slightly revealing sweetheart neckline, the blouse in itself stands out.
4. Following the footsteps of our fashion icon, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, this deep-plunging, off-shouldered flared lace blouse with an ornamented sheer dupatta and a matching skirt makes for a burlesque sangeet or an evening gala wear. Completing the look with either bold or naturalistic makeup or statement earrings, who’s ready to let their hair down?
5. For our starlets who want wish to go for a more mature, poised persona, this white, balloon-sleeved V-neck blouse is beyond stunning. Pairing it up with a scintillating, sexy saree or getting playful with an off-beat Lehenga, you can totally tone it up or down according to your preference.
6. Replicating the Princess Diaries meets the Moroccon fervour, this confluence screams of a Maximalist vibe. Off-set against a crew neckline, this dark brown deep plunging blouse filled with heavy work, and an upper sheer finish truly resembles a ‘happily ever after’ garment. Whether it is worn with a fitted or a flounced Lehenga, you can interpret it strikingly. And, lastly; where’re ‘em tiaras at, dearies?
7. You’ve got to be a true Sabyasachi lover to don this elbow-touching, deep-plunging V neck blouse. Like all his designs, this multi-coloured blouse is rustic and raw; portraying influences of the innermost locales of our country.
8. An unconventional stride, this polo-neck, full-sleeved glittering affair cleverly showcases your assets in a reverse manner. This airy design opens at your neckline giving you a refined look. From Lehengas and Dhotis or Pant Sarees, you can style it in myriad ways. Touche!
9. Do you darlings remember the saying, “Go big or go home”? Personifying that ethos, this metallic, sequinned golden blouse is full of punk, and edge, which is synonymous with the Runways. With a revealing neckline, this strapless number oozes infinite pizzazz.
10. Adorning the colour of love, doesn’t this royal red, Low-V cut blouse make for a glitz-filled dalliance? Captivating and enthralling; comprising of exquisite embellishments, the exaggerated wonder-woman cut-work draping is out of the world and how!
11. A soothing lilac one-shouldered blouse is an ideal option for your bestie’s Mehendi or a pre-wedding soiree. Exaggerated with the signature, Papa Don’t Preach by Shubhika adornments, this bodice exudes the right amount of vogue-ish chutzpah.
12. A Greek-Goddess, herself, doesn’t our OG diva look regal in this staggeringly splendid golden piece. With a straight-cut sweetheart neckline and full sleeves, the beauty truly lies in the intricate craftsmanship and cutwork. With some nude makeup on, be ready to enjoy the limelight.
13. Heating up our barometers with a luxuriant feel, we truly cannot get enough of this velvet rush. Adding to its regal shade of purple, its penchant lies in its bosom revealing V-neckline with slightly stark and flared cap-sleeves. Layer up some jewellery with your beautiful bottoms, and you’re good to go.
14. Who says you got to flaunt it to look enthralling? Exuding the ‘less is more ‘old-school persona, this simple boat-neck blouse looks ethereal when coupled with a gorgeous nine-yard saree. Moreover, we’re all for the subtle shimmer!
15. Inspiring our vision from the West how would an easy-breezy royal green flowing blouse look against the backdrop of a beach wedding with the sun setting in all its hues? Just like its aura, it can go with tonnes of gorgeous Lehengas or eccentric bottoms.
16. Looking illuminating in this jade green ethnic set, we absolutely love the oomph Kiara Advani portrays in this uplifting sweetheart neck set with sheer puffed sleeves. Moreover, the golden zari work works like a charm, further enhancing her petite frame.
17. A sartorial classic silver V-neck blouse with delicate handiwork looks gracefully irresistible when coupled with a smashing lehenga or a Saree. Sophisticated much?
18. Isn’t this royal blue jacketed blouse a glorious tribute to our older generation? Emanating an unmatchable presence, you can get your blogger caps on with this piece. Wear it over a Lehenga, asymmetrical pants, or as an out-of-the-box saree, we promise to leave you awe-inspired.
19. For all you DIY fashion-novas amongst us, this one-sided ruffled affair can make for a magnificent Indo-western blouse with equal aplomb as a crop top for a high-end polo match. A body-fitting contrasting Lehenga would totally notch it up through the fashion charts.
20. Tending to your dramatic alter-ego, wouldn’t this greatly ruffled bralette blouse look utterly sultry and flirtatious, with a high-waisted body-fit Lehenga creating an illusion of a trendy gown? The time is ripe to be playful, ladies!
21. Hot to trot, girlies! This royal red traditional pheras number with golden ‘zari work creates quite a scintillating vision, aka its low V-cut neckline. Filled with grace and fearless, we think it’s quite a deadly combination.
22. Ideal for daytime nuptials or a glitzy Mehendi, this plunging unconventional double strapped blouse has the name of your coquettish bridesmaid written all over it. Designed in patterns of pink, white and greens, you can be assured of capturing some Gram-worthy moments.
23. Sparkling in silver tasselled applique, this mirage-creating sheer blouse has the magical touch of an ace designer on its workmanship. Scaling up to glitzy heights, go all out with your Lehenga or Saree choices.
24. Minimalistic in its poised demeanour, this pista plunging V neck blouse screams of a charming mystique. Re-usable with many options, this makes for a great upper-wear. The secret to standing out lies in what you pair it with. It looks equally gorgeous as Ghagra choli or a saree.
25. Who doesn’t love to show off their backs in an Indian outfit? Well, we surely do! But to all you lovelies who are a tad bit conscious of flaunting it all, this half bare- half there blouse in its all its glimmer is your god-sent solution. With a cute tie-up out there, doesn’t this remind us of some adulating Ralph & Russo creations?
26. Encrusted with dainty embellishments and circular cutwork in the middle, this see-through back yet another unique and graceful design hack for our beauteous belles. Thinking about it won’t some of the conventional mothers be surely happy? An adoring win-win, we must say!
27. An absolute front runner for a Bohemian-motivated or a rustic wedding set against the backdrop of a vineyard or a Grecian décor, a pleated bow-tie blouse similar to this design would completely leave the onlookers rapt with your aesthetic sensibilities. Who’s ready to get their lush swag on?
28. A blush-pink effervescent saga, this silhouette alluring V neck blouse looks timeless with a sophisticated saree. It truly personifies the notion of the bold and the beautiful whilst exuding a vivacious, yet feminine appearance.
29. Isn’t this multi-ruffled bodice worthy of garnering some rave stylistic reviews? Full of gravitas and character, wouldn’t it make for an attention-grabbing outfit choice. Furthermore, to own your theatrical vigour, you can pair it up with the currently trending ankle-length Lehenga!
30. Presenting yet another stunning decorative piece, aren’t we all in love with this sheer and white combination. A universal blend, it can transfigure your status from a cutesy, Lehenga-donning boisterous girl to an ‘elegante’ saree-clad woman. We heartily approve!
31. Treading down the nostalgic path, who’s transported to the gilded age of our literature textbooks? In the hope of meeting your Mr. Darcy in the most clichéd manner, this heavily plunging, aroused sleeved silver blouse will make you shine like the brightest star in this glistening sky.
32. Replete with a wood-burnt tone, this sequinned; ‘playing it safe’ full-sleeved fitted blouse commands a separate fan following altogether. An eternal alliance, this creation is loved throughout various generations, unifying them together marvellously.
33. Exuberant. Classy. A glittering symphony. These are the adjectives we’d like to use to describe this fantabulous, inclusive, body-positive crop top. Be it a Lehenga, Saree or an outré bottom, it will definitely equate to a missing piece in this effortlessly chic puzzle.
34. Displaying an air of dignity and finesse, doesn’t this fancy halter-neck blouse, remind you off a Paradise, probably the delightful Garden of Eden? Embedded with pearls and intricate hand weaving, this blouse very cleverly caters to fashion-forward sensibilities.
35. Upholding the diverse flavours of our multi-cultural nation, this blouse boasts of the victorious efforts of our workmen. Infusing the colours of Gujarat to the boisterousness of Punjab and the regal aura of Rajasthan, this simple U-shaped back looks stellar with a gotta pati tie-up! Doesn’t this symbolize the India we love so wondrously?
36. Channelizing our inner Cleopatra, isn’t this the spitting image of a risk gloriously paid? Exhibiting these bell-sleeves like a pro, we can totally visualize this blouse put together with a colour-blocking saree or a pop-up shaded Lehenga? Why not seek an adventure once in a while, right?
37. Leaving us with immense scope to scoop the atmosphere up by a few levels, this outstanding composition is fully extraordinaire. Add a layer of a polka choker to it and you have an ornamented neckline.
38. This U-neck, simple blouse is accentuated by its evocative story shown through its design. An eccentric combination, its displays a mix of the rural elements, along with an overall eclectic, tribal impression. When more is more, tone it down with your skirt, darlings!
39. The fashionista strikes yet again in this drool-worthy blossoming creation with minor sheer sleeves. Adding a contemporary twist, doesn’t this sequinned artistry with its prom-stimulated necktie give it a romantic, warm-hearted touch?
40. The nonchalant, gregarious sister of the bride or maid of honour is probably the second-most sought-after belle in town. With all eyes on her, doesn’t it make it her moral responsibility to set some fashion-tongues wagging? Luckily, for her, this versatile Bridgerton meets the daring boss-woman juxtapose can provide just that appealing attention.
41. Consecutively displaying the essence of India in all its earthy hues, this olive-green deep-plunging blouse adorning mirror and zari work enables us to connect with our firm roots in an indescribable and joyous manner.
42. Saving the absolute best for last, doesn’t this layered blouse prove to be multi-faceted? Glistening through a monochrome avatar, add your personal spin to it with a resplendent 70’s saree or a fish-tail lehenga. Who’s ready to break a leg on retro music on the dance floor?
That’s it for today from our fashion closet! We hope that this style guide came to your rescue and saved your day. As a piece of parting advice, irrespective of whatever you wear, it’s your cheerful and vibrant spirit that will add extra spicing to your get-up. After all, “happy girls are the prettiest”.