BOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES in their WITHOUT MAKEUP Avatar
In this celebrity-frenzied world, aren’t we all obsessed with our insanely talented stalwarts? Movies being one aspect, don’t they influence us dreamers in several ways? From sporting chic airport looks to making grocery runs look swell, don’t we all daydream about our wishful paparazzi moments? Get real, ladies! You may tout yourself as an all-an-all introvert, but our fantasies do not always pay heed to our personalities, do they? We too deserve to let them run wild once in a while, what say beauties? But if you know well, our Bollywood celebrities love to flaut their without makeup avatars, as soon as off the cameras.
And perhaps, isn’t that a sweet homage to our revered celebrities? Don’t their lives signify that in some aspects; they dare you to dream, to chase your aspirations? Contrary to the notion of their unattainable status, our modern-day celebrities believe in keeping it real, au natural. Opting for a sans makeup look for a casual night out or a daytime movie reading, doesn’t it shed light on the fact that they too are just like us. Unlike their award extravaganzas or Page-3 parties, our Bollywood gang loves to let their hair down in a fuss-free, private affair once in a while, where they do not need to put on a façade, through their beauty games or their status quo mode.
WHY IS THERE THIS SUDDEN SWITCH?
Gone are the days where celebrities would only post pictures of themselves looking their glamorous best! With more focus on individuality, there’s been a much-welcomed blurring of lines, whereby, celebrities are keen to be role models for just being themselves. Right from Deepika Padukone coming out on national television about her mental health battles to veteran actresses like the gorgeous Sonali Bendre addressing and fighting her dreaded Cancer, they too cannot escape the clutches of life.
Establishing them as more humane and relatable their natural look too has been lauded thunderously. We’d like to call them bold, courageous and sassy for sharing this non-perfect side of theirs with us too. Hey, they get blemishes and breakouts too, and they are unabashedly unapologetic about the same. Embracing their true self, they’ve truly been an inspiration for many young girls, teaching them to love themselves through ‘thick and thin; pimple or not’.
BOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES GOING THE WITHOUT MAKEUP ROUTE
While the lockdown has truly stuck us all in our houses, we can be assured of being treated to several throwbacks in the lives of our loved ones pre-corona. Another trend that has really been catching on our captivating Instagram Reels or social media challenges, wherein we’re all truly rocking our jammies life. And, isn’t it the same with B-town? Haven’t we all truly opened ourselves up to being genuinely bona fide?
Seen since quite a while actually, we are truly loving this side and how! Taking a trip down memory lane, let’s see some of our tinsel town belles who have personified this newfound grace and charm to the tee. Looking their ‘unfiltered’ best, these celebrities have time and again redefined beauty goals and how!
1. Kareena Kapoor Khan: The OG Diva has time and again graced up with her porcelain, flawless, without makeup look. Be it posting workout selfies or simply stepping out with her family, she never fails to impress.
2. Deepika Padukone: Trust our epitome of modern-day Mastaani to slay the dusky lassie look in its truest sense with as much ease as a Red Carpet Gala. From sporting it at airports or just about town, she personifies elegance every time she steps out in her authentic realm. Additionally, her sharp, pretty features seriously shine through this demeanour, what say?
3. Anushka Sharma: Besides her stellar acting prowess, Anushka Sharma is envied for her beautiful, clear skin. Especially setting quite the buzz during her pregnancy, don’t you lovelies feel that her skin looked simply splendid in her usual, non-makeup avatar whenever she stepped out for her doctor’s appointments or accompanied her husband to and fro his matches?
4. Karishma Kapoor: This yesteryear powerhouse, who we feel left the cinema world at the peak of her career, is one such dramatis personae who we hope to see back with a bang someday. While she may have been away from the spotlight all these years, she has managed to stay relevant even today. Embodying the ‘age is just a number’ spirit so wondrously, don’t you all feel that she looks drop-dead gorgeous in her snow-white, de-glammed look which we get to enjoy through her social media posts or visits to her beloved sister’s house? Moreover, her light eyes off-set marvellously, don’t you think?
5. Priyanka Chopra: Having shattered stereotypes and moved mountains and oceans (metaphoric mostly), this global icon’s talent is undefeated. A boot-strapper performer, Priyanka has also been responsible for bringing the exotic Indian skin to the foreground. Making ‘dusk or brown’ the lauded colour, doesn’t she look ethereal always- whether she has makeup on or not! Her homely, pyjama-clad pictures on social media with her superstar husband, Nick Jonas truly make us go ‘Awww’.
6. Yami Gautam: While we do not stand by endorsing a fairness cream ad in any possible manner, and believe that all skin shades are beautiful, isn’t the coy, uber-talented actress Yami Gautam blessed with ah-mazing ice-white skin. If her social media posts are anything to go by, doesn’t she look like a million bucks with or without makeup?
7. Parineeti Chopra: Bustling with unbridled pure joy and energy, doesn’t this brilliant actress exude ‘my smile is the biggest accessory’ vibe to the tee? Super confident and a looked-upon body image icon, this fearless lassie doesn’t think twice before going makeup-free for a selfie or a meeting.
8. Sonam Kapoor: Always winning hearts with her bewitching smile and fashion sense, the Neerja actress always has her beauty game on point complementing her ‘overall look’. Yes, she’s ready to woo every time she graces us with her exuberant couture choices, but she also looks like a dream in her no-fuss, bare face, minimalist aura.
10. Katrina Kaif: Ufff! Can we please not start to sing praises about her radiating beauty? With stunning features and a flawless skin to die for, who remembers the sun-kissed picture she posted on Instagram from her balcony to announce that she was finally Covid-free. Genuinely looking like a blushed-up doll, doesn’t she symbolize the adage ‘beautiful inside out’. Gorgeous hair, gorgeous skin, gorgeous everything!
11. Malaika Arora: As millennials or Gen Z’s don’t we all want to look youthful forever? Embodying that in every sense, this ‘Chaiya Chaiya’ dancer looks like a star with our without makeup. Embracing her petite frame and dusky tone, she really makes the ‘bare it all’ look classy and sophisticated. Well, well! Who wouldn’t mind a quick errands run now or just strolling around the neighbourhood streets with your pet?
12. Jacqueline Fernandez: Having established herself as a bona fide star in Bollywood who is here to stay thanks to her stellar moves, this stunning actress looks magnificent even when she wakes up in the mornings. Often spotted without makeup, she takes the glorious baton of making us realize that celebrities too are mere mortals who can have their fair share of skin woes. And you know what; we should flaunt it as a sign of respect to our temple-like body. Do you agree with us?
13. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: Touted with accolades such as an ‘evergreen beauty’ and the ‘most beautiful woman in the world’, this grey-eyed leading lady looks enchanting with or without makeup. Coupled with inherent star quality, and has graced the stage for years, she is well-loved by all, young and old. At any point in our lives, haven’t we all wished to look like her? Say ‘Aye’ if you agree.
14. Shruti Hassan: Yes, good looks and pristine beauty run in her family. With legendary parents to support her, this prima donna has time and again wowed us with her convincing performances, be it singing or acting. Confident and comfortable in her own skin, she really has one of the best and desired complexions in B-town. Honing her innate beauty, she likes to keep it minimal and let her charming features do all the talking.
15. Aditi Rao Hydari: Exuding her blue-blood persona, this ethereal beauty looks exquisite and quintessentially beguiling every time she graces us with her trailblazing presence. Expressing an air of dignity and felicity, she always looks pretty- irrespective of flaunting a bedtime, glitz-free selfie or an ornately decked-up princess image. Doesn’t she look like a dainty, but fierce fairy?
Now, now! While you may have drooled over how strikingly prepossessing these wonder women look sans makeup, don’t we sometimes put immense pressure on ourselves to look perfect and prim and proper? Darlings, we are all beautiful in our own stead, and our self-confidence and ingenuity is the actual defining accessory. Your happiness or life-state always shines through you, making you that bonny, ravishing woman. Makeup may help you to enhance your beauty, but what’s within that truly counts.
To sign off, we’d like to leave you with some surreal advice: “Being natural is incredibly empowering for women because it’s just who you are. You’re embracing all the beautiful things about you from your head to your toes. Because when you mask so much of your natural beauty, people don’t get to see that” – Rozonda Thomas
Love yourself always!