TOP 10 NUDE LIPSTICK SHADES that will change your makeup game
“There are endless ways to enhance beauty. You never know when you will find your perfect lipstick unless you keep experimenting.”- Pat McGrath
Trust a celebrated makeup artist to give you some ‘bold and beautiful’ pointers on wearing a lipstick that elucidates sass, confidence and an ethereal oomph. While we may run behind the ox-bloods and the bright reds to look edgy with our little black dresses, is more always good to go?
A highly trending, ‘au natural’ vibe that seems to be working its wondrous charm these days is to opt for a minimalistic nude shade of lipstick.
Long-lasting doesn’t this shade truly stick by you through thick and thin, transcending your AM to PM style effortlessly and gracefully. From the boardrooms of the hustling corporate world to a brunch or dinner date with your bestie, or our colourfully vibrant Indian weddings, a nude lipstick is surely an ah-mazing staple. Contrary to popular opinion of being pale and dull, we honestly think that they are the perfect enhancers to our faces, beautifully complementing our ditzy or spunky outfits. Come on ladies, we don’t want to be a mismatched array of colours, do we?
HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT NUDE LIPSTICK SHADES?
Braving through the various seasons and time zones, a nude shade has started to seem like an equalizer, hasn’t it? Now, now! Before you transfigure your minds to another tangent, we don’t necessarily refer to the literal meaning of it. Also, touted as a neutral shade that creates a harmonious symphony, the tones of the nude truly depend on your skin colour. The definition of an ideal nude lipstick for a Scandinavian woman would be very different as compared to our dusky beauties. Even in our culture, don’t we see a multitude of women possessing different skin types and shades?
With gorgeous beauties like Kareena Kapoor Khan and critique’s favourite Radhika Apte helming the same stage, it is no surprise that their shades of nude would differ significantly. Before you go on your lip hunt, it’s imperative to figure out your undertone – are you warm, cool or neutral? Before you embark on your makeup haul, these tough questions will save your day and how! If you require further assistance, the best idea would be to consult a beauty expert at one of the stores that you may frequent for some awesome advice. Moreover, we’d recommend you to look at some swatches and try them out under natural lighting to give you the best view.
Some SOS pointers that women should take into account whilst finding your perfect shade is as follows:
- Pink and peachy nude tinctures are best suited for light-skinned ladies.
- If you are medium-toned in complexion, then seriously thank your stars and own it vivaciously. Almost every nude shade would look brilliant on you giving you the most choices.
- To all our dark-skinned belles, a nude shade with red undertones or a dark brown lip shade would look phenomenal on you.
Our advice to you is whatever lip colour you may choose, just set free and let it scream of your captivating personality!
OUR TOP 10 PICKS FOR YOU – FOR THE NUDE COLOUR LIPSTICK!
Having emerged as a stupendously impressive cosmetic fad in recent times, we too, are absolutely in love with the diverse range of nude lipcolours. Uniting strong women together, it makes these oh-so-alluring marvels feel illuminated from within. From giving a sophisticated to a sultry vibe, this category of lip colours totally transports you to another world. With numerous skincare moguls coming out with their own exclusive range, it can be supremely overwhelming to decide your go-to lipstick.
“I could be red, I can be yellow, or I could be blue or I could be purple, I could be green or pink or black or white, I could be every colour you like”– are you crooning to this trending song on Instagram popular for its reels? Isn’t it kind of synonymous with our nudes in a sweet juxtaposition, right? When we pair it with any of these colours or more, doesn’t it make us feel a flurry of emotions such as excitement and exhilaration? Speaking of these varied hues, aren’t there tints of nude in that as well?
If you’re ready to experiment and jump onto this bandwagon, then look no further than our consolidated guide to help you make your best purchase yet.
1. MAC Lustre Lipstick Patisserie (INR 2890): Often hailed as royalty in the makeup world, this particular lipstick lives up to its fame. Lighter in hue, it looks marvellous on fair-skinned individuals. Exuding a creamy formula, it features a soft, cushiony feel, along with medium to full buildable coverage.
2. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in Nude Ballet(INR 1174): Formulated with exclusive micro-oils and rich colour pigments, this shade will keep your lips hydrated due to its slight glossy finish. A nude pink liquid lipstick makes for your perfect everyday colour.
3. MAC Yash Matte Lipstick (INR 1650): The popularity MAC enjoys today in this industry is all due to this iconic lipstick. Available in hundreds of hues, it boasts of being a lightweight formula, which gently sashays through our lips with full coverage. A must-have, if you look at their pinkish nude varieties, we’ll realize its motto of inclusivity in this very staple accessory.
4. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi (INR 828): Probably named after this sun-kissed city due to its orangeish hue, this liquid lipstick emanates a supple, velvet glossy feel. On application, however, it gives a soft matte finish. Additionally, the creamy texture satiates our need for moisturized lips.
5. Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Joyride by Huda (INR 1995): With 24 skin-complementing colours to choose from, paying homage to several undertones as mentioned in their descriptions paid according to your chosen neutral shade. It is a highly pigmented lipstick that delivers an unmatchable colour payoff in a full-coverage silky-smooth, plush-matte formula. Our absolute favourite is the Ladies’ night formula, which is truly meant for brown skin.
6. Nykaa So Matte Lipstick in Taupe Thrill (INR 439): Meant for the quintessential Indian skin, this lipstick from this homegrown brand is a great option, while uplifting our features wondrously. Comprising of a full-coverage colour, it emits a smooth matte finish.
7. MAC lipstick in Velvet Teddy (INR 2495): A striking neutralizer in the truest sense, this MAC lipstick looks great on a medium-skin tone, and goes with any outfit that you pick. Long-lasting, its colour payoff is outstanding.
8. Lakme 9 to 5 Primer and Matte Lip Color, Blushing Nude (INR 399): A charming blush pink colour, this lipstick works among all skin tones, especially the ones which have a brown or a red undertone. As for the ones which carry hints of pink in them, it offers a soft and delicate feel to your lips.
9. Kay Beauty Matteinee Matte Lipstick – Just Friends (INR 639): This beauty brand founded by the super talented actress Katrina Kaif has been making all the right noises. This particular shade of theirs with a slightly pink undertone works well on ‘wheatish’ skin, made popular by icons like Deepika Padukone and Sonakshi Sinha. This smudge-proof lip crayon can stay put up to 18 hours exuding an extreme matte finish with a high colour payoff and ultra-comfort. It totally is a steal for the money paid!
10. MAC Lipstick In Film Noir (INR 3538): Gloriously deceiving this beautiful dark, rich red nude looks out of the world on a dusky or a dark-complexioned maiden, while elegantly capturing the charm of our eyes. An ideal option to work a dark, seductive pout, this full-coverage matte shade will leave your lips wanting for more.
Now, now! Do you agree with us when we exclaim that this variety of nude lip colours truly signifies a huge step forward in our fashion and beauty trends? Classy! Bewitching! Minimalistic! Effortless- these are the adjectives that can do justice to describe its unravelled magic.
Irrespective of your complexion and preference, we’ve clearly testified that a nude lipcolour is a must-have for the woman of today! Transcending you from carpools to cocktails, they sure will prove to be your best friends. Moreover, mainly suited to the fuss-free minimalistic boss woman, it naturally brings out the radiance of her inner beauty, which epitomizes a sophisticated aura about herself. Whether you tone it down or up, you will look utterly ravishing. Smoky eyes or a blushed dew, whatever vibe you want to exude, a nude shade will never fail to make you look like anything less than the dazzling DIVA you truly are.
To sign off, we’d like to leave you with some 101 motivation: “Start each day with your favourite lipstick and a smile”. The yin to its yang, isn’t a genuine and an unbridled smile your real crowning splendour?