6 CELEBRITY INSPIRED HAIRDOS FOR WOMEN you must try out
“A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.”- Coco Chanel
Spot on, ladies! Didn’t this iconic atelier exude style and sass wherever she went? She may not be amidst us today, but her legacy surely lives on forever! How many of us beauties get excited every time we visit our hairstylist with a new look in mind? And, how awesome and empowered do we feel every time we walk out, letting their magic unravel through our luscious tresses, replete with an air of debonair chutzpah? Owing to the happiness a new haircut or a hairstyle brings into our life, we share with you some of the most chic celebrity inspired hairdos for women.
Confession: we all have a brief fantastical moment of a celeb-papp’d stature, and who doesn’t love that! Speaking of these influential stalwarts, don’t we all simply drool over their social media feeds whenever they grace us with a new hairdo? For us at this platform, it totally calls for a CBI stalker alert as we decode all nuances of their stylish ‘coiffure’.
Which of you lassies are inspired to get a tad bit experimental with your hairdos this summer? And, isn’t it just a perfect time to never say never? As we go about our lives in quarantine, who wouldn’t want to spunk it up with a little quarantint or a quarantstyle?
Taking cues from the ‘On the floor’ singer, Jennifer Lopez to Ariana Grande, and our OG divas, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Kareena Kapoor Khan, we bring you some suave ideas with which you can raise the heat (figuratively, of course) with your beautiful hair.
6 CELEBRITY - INSPIRED HAIRSTYLES AS YOUR PERFECT SUMMER HAIRCUT GUIDE
Come on baby
Let’s go crazy
Put your hair in the air”
Hello millennials! Are you dancing to the tunes of this Justin Timberlake-Gwen Stefani number as you contemplate over yet another life-changing decision (umm, really) – how to change your hair game during this summer season?
Now, now! If you’re confused or lost as to where to start your decision process, we hereby, declare ourselves to your rescue! From encrusted braids to twists to your safe go-to picks, check out these six trendy, classy and out-of-the-box hairstyles that will have your eyes popping out, making you go to the nearest salon, pronto! We promise there’s something in it for everyone; whether you’re a ‘play it safe’ or ‘let’s go all out’ kind of an individual, you shall not be disappointed.
1. MESSY BUN: Be it sass queen’s Chrissy Teigen’s voluminous updo to enjoy a lazy day at home to the Hollywood-turned Royalty, Meghan Markle’s wispy curls, finished with a bun, this style looks effortlessly chic and soigne. And, its beauty lies in casual and perfectly undone vibes. All you got to do is pull your thick tresses up, and tie it up in a bun like Mrs. Legend! Easy, not so easy, we’d say! For the royal touch, simply spray your crown with hairspray before brushing it straight back, and secure the end into a baby bun. Looking amazing with curtain bangs, feel free to pull out a few wisps around your ears to give it the wind-blown feel. Who’s in for some “messy hair, don’t care” attitude?
2. BEACH WAVES: You know what most fashion critiques say: some styles are ageless, never leaving the league! While beach waves have been worn for many generations. We believe that their easy-breezy, fuss-free soft curl is what takes the stupendous win. Be it the boardwalks dominated beaches of Miami or Ibiza, these summertime soft, big waves are always refreshing; an ode to the ocean. From making its presence felt on the extravagant Red Carpets and Fashion Weeks to the sand chairs while working that tan in the sunny side up life with your Margherita in tow, this is a super versatile, yet classic hairstyle. And, what’s more, it looks lovely on Celine Dion’s long tresses to Vanessa Hudgens shoulder bob cut. Get your curling irons on, and tousle through easily, or braid or scarf up your hair whilst you get your eight hours of beauty sleep.
3. SPORTY BRAID: Well, well! To all the fitness fanatics and those who have jumped onto the bandwagon thanks to the quarantine, this one will look amazing with your athleisure wear. Snap. Snap. Do we hear athletic pictures being taken as you work on building those abs?! Effervescence personified, we’re grateful to Alia Bhatt and Kylie Jenner for introducing us to the world of braids. Speaking of which, isn’t Shraddha Kapoor the Warrior of this trend? To add this sporty edge to the classic braid, all you’ve got to do is pull your hair into a high pony before braiding it. Apply a super durable and strong-holding pomade to achieve that sleek look. Team it up with a lacy dress to ramp up your dressy vibe. Who says you cannot paint the town red in such a spunky contrast?
4. CUTE BOB: This big-time 80’s and 90’s trend is a perfect style, which has come back with a bang to beat the summer heat. Either keeping it layered till your shoulders or narrowing downwards towards your chin, all you need to do is chopping off your locks to your desired length like the Game of Thrones star, Emilia Clarke. Hey, who remembers our ever-favourite, Rachel Green (we love Jennifer Anniston!) from the popular Sitcom, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. sporting a layered bob? Didn’t she just look like a million bucks during that phase of hers? Traversing from an androgynous to an eclectically feminine aura, spice up the look adorning some embellished hairpins and accessories to make you stand out.
5. HALF UP TWIST BRAID KNOT: Coquettish. Vivacious. Playful. These are the adjectives we’d like to use to describe this highly feminine hairstyle. Sure, it takes a little effort, but the end product is oh-so-gorgeous! Using your curling irons, curl partitions of your hair in softer hues. Moving onto the game changer of this hairstyle in a second, you dearies! Take a section on the hair on the right side above your ear, divide it into two sections and twist them around each other before pinning them at the back of your head. After this, follow the same process on the left side. Once this is done, pull out the edges of the twists to make them look wholesome. As a finishing touch, pull out two inches worth of hair underneath the center of the twists, and place your finger over it to finally create a knot, and use bobby pins to secure it. Damn, it looks so dreamy!! Add a floral band to it, and get transported to a vineyard wedding, or a fairy tale setting like Cinderella’s.
6. FISHTAIL PONY: Trust the ridiculously charming Blake Lively to make heads turn (quite literally) wherever she goes. Living up to her Gossip Girl reputation, she is the quintessential badass fashion queen! Every time she steps out, she never fails to give us major goals, be it whilst indulging in some cutesy, hilarious banter with her husband, or while painting the town red being her effervescent self. Giving us another extraordinary hair-care moment, who thinks she rocked the fishtail pony with her ditzy, deep-neck yellow halter gown? We sure do! Like us, who’s tempted to emulate this look? Consider yourself lucky today, for we’ll show you just how to own this hairdo. All you need to is pull your air-dried hair into a high pony with a comb to ensure that it is sleek and straight. Next, till the end, weave a fishtail braid and secure it with elastic. Following this, pull the fishtail apart to make it a little messy. And voila, just put your best ensemble on with some killer earrings, and you are ready to flaunt your ‘new as ever’ hairstyle.
So, who’s dying to try on these novel fads and up your mane (in) swag (pun intended) a little bit? We’d love to know which styles are your absolute favourites! Furthermore, do suggest some more to us, and show us what you’ve got in the comments section below. To sign off, all we’d like to say is that life is short, and you are young! Go wild, go crazy, go short or long, just live it up!