How to get those PERFECTLY SHAPED EYEBROWS at home?
What do legendary divas like Cara Delevingne, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Connelly and Brooke Shields have in common? Apart from being supremely talented, they have all put mega-arches on the map! As women, don’t we all want our eyebrows to be shaped perfectly, which further accentuate our eyes, and face cuts? In that regard, are they the true windows to our soul then?
Now, now! Not everyone is blessed with those ideal, neither too thick nor thin eyebrows, right? Due to the constant evolution of the beauty industry, we are lucky to be living in an era, where like for many other things, there’s a hack for this so-called dilemma as well. Moreover, keeping up with today’s times, when we are all chilling at home with nowhere to go, should we forget about our grooming requisites? Damn, the hair growth really doesn’t stop for the pandemic, does it?
While we may have mastered waxing and shaving ourselves, why should our eyebrows be ignored? As women who are obsessed with our monthly salon visits, won’t we feel relentlessly restless if that’s not taken care of? Thanks to tweezing, we do have a great solution at hand too. Keeping that in mind, isn’t it also an excellent start to successfully fill in our eyebrows to achieve that fuller look?
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO ACHIEVE THOSE WHOLESOME EYEBROWS?
Are you someone who has bare minimum hair on their eyebrows, or decided to get experimental during their salon visit, but it backfired? In either of these cases, fret not; you can look beautiful, by the magical powers of makeup! Whether it’s redefining and adding colour to your light brows or simply shaping your otherwise eye-catchers (pun intended), there’s something for everybody. Credit the influx of new cosmetic products released annually to make our lives easier, enabling us to achieve our dream-like image. From powders to pencils, pomades to gels and tints, creating those quintessential pair of brows no longer feels unachievable.
It may take some practice initially, but if a 75-year-old rockstar of a boss woman can do it, who needs more proof? Are you ready to discover the eyebrow miracle of painting your way to success? If yes, then just follow these steps and you’re ready to slay.
1. Prep Time: We know your excitement levels are raging, so we’ll get straight to the point. Simply, use a pair of tweezers to trim stray hair below and between your natural brows. To relieve you of the agony, we suggest not indulging in precise tweezing; just pluck away the prominent ones. If any of your strands are longer than your usual length, brush those locks with an angled brow, spoolie brush or a mascara applicator and trim them intricately. Next, fill out the shape by using soft, hair-like strokes between your brow to thicken and define your natural shape.
2. Time for the Main Act: Touted as a predecessor, one must choose a colour complementing their hair and skin tone. If you have dark hair, pick a colour that is lighter by one or two shades, while the reverse will hold true if you possess lighter hair and want to deepen your brow.
3. Using the Right Products: The wide array of options can make it overwhelming. Just decode the look you want, and work backwards. While several companies have full-fledged eyebrow kits to make our lives easier, many preferring buying products individually to suit their style. In that case, decide whether an eyebrow powder, pencil or mousse would best fit your brows.
– If you decide to use opt for a brush, we recommend purchasing a stiff-angled one, whose firm bristles will immaculately control the act of applying the product and defining your eyebrow shape. Follow the direction of your hair growth, and angle the powder strokes accordingly.
– For the pencilpatrons, be rest assured of intricately filling in the sparse spots. By holding the pencil lightly, simply draw the hair strokes where needed. If you wish to soften the lines, the stiff brush is your companion. For these options, you can apply a brow wax to keep them resolute.
– A mousse can help cover your gray brows and instantly thicken your hair. Avoiding multiple layers, just follow the mascara rule on your brows.
4. Proper Application is the Secret: As with all things makeup, it is essential to ensure that you have a mirror while doing it properly. Our SOS advice would be not to do anything related to eye care in a moving vehicle. Imagine the thought of wanting to save time that actually results in just the opposite. Haven’t we seen enough movies to reminisce about the clichéd scenarios of our mascaras or liners being smudged? Can happen with this too, lassies! It’s always better to go from lighter to darker colours, and fine-tune it over time. Moreover, try going for an ‘au naturale’ look because you don’t want your brows to stand out vehemently. Lastly, don’t hesitate in going to a beauty store and asking their in-house makeup artiste to guide you properly.
5. Shape them right: Using the principles explained above, try to keep it clean and easy. From both your brow tips to your tear ducts; to diagonally placing your brush from either corner of your nostrils and your eye creases, shape them internally and externally to exude a finishing touch. Small hair strokes will prevent giving your brows a squared or a harsh look. Things you want to keep in mind are to not overextend the tail-end or even opting for a gravely pointed or an exaggerated arch.
To sign off, simple and smooth works the best. And before saying sayonara, doesn’t this philosophy help work up our flirt game as well; imagine conveying it through your beautiful, outlined and refreshingly manoeuvred eyes!