“There is no force powerful than a woman determined to rise.”
Women have been making some rippling ground-breaking strides in the business and corporate world lately. And this awareness of self-worth and the need to carve an independent identity was long overdue. With great power comes great responsibility. The perfect equilibrium of the emotional, mental and spiritual quotient that is so well-manifested in a woman’s DNA allows her to take on the toughest of responsibilities with a strong conviction. And while you excel at presenting your work in the boardroom, or working hard on the digital platforms to build up the identity of your brand, we always advocate our women to dress up well for their part. Not that we promote assessing one’s caliber basis how well they present themselves, but dressing up smart is a part and parcel of feeling ambitious, driven, and focused. Dressing up in suitable formals, semi-formals, or semi-casuals enhances your appearance and also puts across your ‘I-mean-business’ demeanor quite clearly. High-waist formal trouser makes for an excellent, comfortable option to take you from that Board meeting presentation to the afternoon business brunch, to the evening meeting at the client’s office. We present to you the five most stylish patterns of high-waist formal trousers for women.
Top 5 Styles of High-Waist Formal Trousers for Women
1. High-waist trousers in a single strong colour, flared at the bottom – The most classic style of any high waist trousers. This pant look is perfect for any body type. Not just tall women, but even shorter women can flaunt these trousers well as the flared bottoms give an illusion of elongated height. You can also wear pencil, kitten, or block heels to further accentuate the look. Have at least two pairs of such trousers in your wardrobe. Opt for classic colours like white (ivory white, spotless white), blue (navy blue, royal blue), brown (tan brown, camel brown, chocolate brown, dark brown), black (you can try many fabrics in this), grey (metallic grey, charcoal grey, steel grey, neutral grey). These trousers are not just perfect for formal looks, but you can even pair them with your t-shirts and tank tops to create a chic, casual style that yet looks very classy.
2. High-waist trousers, narrow at the bottom – This is the ideal pant-style trouser. Such a silhouette looks great on a woman with height and slender legs. Even women with medium height but a lean physique can carry it well since the pants give an illusion of height and look even better when paired with heels. For women, who are shorter or heavier in their butt area, do trousers with wider bottoms look better? The narrow pants highlight the heaviness of their hips and that doesn’t do much justice to flattering their body type.
3. Formal trousers with geometric print– Be a little more experimental with your formal dressing. Every woman should have one pair of high-waist trousers in her wardrobe that is slightly textured or printed. It adds another dimension to your style and makes you stand out. Depending upon the print, you can pair it with a neutral well-fitted blazer or else can also play up with the print-on-print look.
4. High-waist formal trousers, culottes style – Uber chic, stylish and elegant, culottes are for the woman who wears her confidence and her vivaciousness up her sleeve. Invest in a pair of high-waist culottes. Stick to neutral colours. You may also try something off-beat like powder blue or baby pink as a colour. Suiting your height, you can style your culottes with a pair of heels, pumps, or ballerinas. Wearing culottes to the workplace does not have an undertone of casual dressing. Just be a little cautious of the fabric that you pick. It should be comfortable with a tinge of elegance and sophistication.
5. High waist formal trousers in a boyfriend fit – You would not find this style easy in your high street brands. You need to scout for one. But once you find that perfect pair of boyfriend trousers, do not leave them. They look bossy, classy, and a robust statement, all at the same time. There are a zillion ways to style them. Even if you are a little on the heavier side, this fit makes you look leaner and more structured. Stick to the classic colours and while choosing the fabric, only pick something that has a refined fit and grace to it.
Why Should You Choose a High-Waist Formal Trouser for Workplace?
In place of regular trousers, high-waist trousers look more flattering on a female body. Firstly, they add length to your height and make you look taller. Second, they make you look leaner as well while hiding most of your weight flaws and concentrated fat areas.
High-waist formal trousers look both formal and semi-casual at the same time. They bring out the style quotient of the woman to the fore, whereas, on the other hand, regular trousers might come across as too forcefully formal and boring at the same time. High waist fits bring in an element of fun and quirk to the whole look.
For women with fat accumulation on their tummy and hip area, high-waist trousers serve the best in hiding all their flab.
How to Style Formal Trousers for an Elegant Look?
There is not much rocket science to styling a chic pair of high-waist trousers. Having said that, it does need some styling nerves to take the look a notch higher and stand out for styling your look immaculately. Take note of the colour scheme while styling these trousers. The best loo is to pair it with a formal jacket, coat, or blazer, with a sexy bralette inside. The formal undertone of the blazer complements the dapperness of the trousers really well. Throw in some smart neckpiece, maybe something in silver or antic gold and you are transformed into a boss lady diva. The ever-so-classic look is styling it with a white shirt and some sleek jewellery. Never miss out on that elegant watch on one of your wrists. Though we always advise wearing sexy pencil heels with high-waist trousers to elevate the look, you may also opt for ballet flats or pumps. But always avoid wearing strappy flats with your trousers. They take away from the sophistication and urbaneness of these pants.
Of all, we would strongly recommend you pair your flared trousers with your T-shirts and casual tops more often. The style looks very modern and first-world. We especially love the white t-shirt with grey trousers that look the best. Add a few layered chains to the neck and you are ready to take the world by storm.
Now, go, win over the whole world, you Boss Ladies!