They are the nation’s heartthrobs, to say the least. Well, we were already so in love with them individually, but as a couple, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan further define everything that a star couple should look like. The paparazzi just doesn’t seem to have enough of them, be it their casual outings, their birthday celebration, family get togethers, vacation images, or just Kareena Kapoor sharing her random sans makeup selfies (which give us a glimpse into her gorgeous natural skin). Media and shutterbugs love to take their photographs and we love to see them spread all over our Instagram feeds.
The celebrity mania and frenzy surrounding all the Bollywood couples is quite huge, but when it comes to Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan, the craze just soars to unparalleled heights. Kareena admitted in the Vogue BFF Show that Saif proposed to her in Paris while they were holidaying (it was in Paris itself that his father Late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi had proposed his mother Sharmila Tagore while she was shooting for a film ‘An Evening in Paris’). She had, of course, said ‘yes’ and their subsequent love story is for everyone to see. They made their relationship official in 2008 and finally tied the knot on 16th October 2012 in a private ceremony with just the closest friends and family in attendance. 9 years later and with two handsome young sons, we explore what makes Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan one of the most adored couples of Bollywood.
Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan - Deconstructing their Charisma as a Couple
1. Both Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan are two drop-dead gorgeous people. If she is the most glamorous and genetically blessed actress of Bollywood, Saif Ali Khan is also the most dapper, handsome and well-read actor and personality of the industry. Together, they make an exceptionally good-looking couple that not just complements each other’s looks but also the royal personality and aura of the other. Our hearts pound a few quick beats every time we see their beautiful images on our Instagram feeds. The recent images of the couple from their relaxed Maldives vacation, which also marked the young toddler Jehangir Pataudi’s first international outing, had us all swooning over their blessed family life.
2. As they say, marriages are made in heaven, and so is this couple. Both have well-revered royal lineages. Saif Ali Khan’s father, Late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was the former captain of the Indian cricket team and also the titular Nawab of Pataudi from 1952 to 1971. Post his father’s demise in 2011, Saif Ali Khan was conferred with the title of the 10th Nawab of Pataudi. From his mother’s side, he belongs to the Bengali Tagore ancestry. Kareena Kapoor, on the other hand, descends from the celebrated Bollywood family of the Kapoors. Everyone in her family from her late grandfather Raj Kapoor, her father Randhir Kapoor, mother Babita Kapoor, Sister Karisma Kapoor, Cousin Ranbir Kapoor to her paternal uncles have an enviable body of work in Hindi Cinema. Her family is called one of the earliest families of the industry and they hold a dominant position amongst stars. Coming together of Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan in the holy pact of marriage is like two royal forces (drop-dead gorgeous ones) joining hands. Both are royalty in their own right.
3. Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan had their first child Taimur Ali Khan on 20th December, 2016. It was almost a day of national celebration and over the subsequent days and months, the paparazzi went into a state of absolute frenzy trying to capture every shot they could get of the star toddler. Taimur was a celebrity even while being in his mother’s womb. The birth of Taimur kind of ascended the stature of Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan as the star couple. Earlier we would crave to see an image of the couple, but now the whole of India turned paranoid to catch a glimpse of the one of most handsome Indian celebrity child, Taimur. We love his little interactions with the paparazzi and all the childlike tantrums and reckless bouts that he throws while accompanying his parents and caretakers. Needless to say, the whole of India can’t get enough of this little star. With the birth of their second son Jehangir this year, we are just expecting the obsession to heighten by leaps and bounds. We can’t wait to watch this dapper boy grow up and get clicked with his elder brother Taimur in tow. Their camaraderie would give the shutterbugs the images of their life.
4. It is a little strange to admit but about this couple, no one can really claim to decode the power dynamics and equation between them. They make for a perfect couple who both come with their strong individualistic personalities. Both of them have a strong lineup of professional work to boast of, both are equally successful, talented and accomplished. And as a cherry on the cake, it seems both are very comfortable in their space and have no qualms of insecurity between them. As with a lot of successful couples, who struggle with disagreements over issues like mutual respect, ego clashes and breathing space, this couple seems to have fit all the pieces of the marital puzzle near to perfection. It is a treat to the eyes to watch them posing gracefully with each other and sharing a mature, blessed relationship. The equanimity of their personal life, in spite of the hugely public and scrutinized lives that they live, is an inspiration for many.
5. It is also a delight to see how well both Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan have embraced and bonded with each other’s respective families and friend circle. It is not just the couple, but their fans love to have a glimpse of their friend unions with others from the film fraternity like the Arora sisters, Malaika and Amrita, Natasha Poonawala, Sonam Kapoor and Rhea Kapoor and many more. Saif Ali Khan shares a very warm bond with Kareena’s family – her parents and sister Karisma Kapoor and also with her extended family. He often accompanies her for their well-known Kapoor khandan brunches where the entire cousins and their respective partners get together for a celebration. Kareena also shares a very evolved relationship with Saif’s children Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Khan from his earlier marriage with Amrita Singh. Even Saif Ali Khan’s mother Sharmila Tagore and sisters, Saba and Soha Ali Khan are like a big happy family. With such warmth and good vibes around, they all together, look like one blessed, made in heaven union. Their images together strengthen our belief in Indian marriages even when both the partners are equally great looking, come from an equally illustrious background and yet have the maturity to allow equal space and dignity to each other.
With everything working in their stride, their fans just can’t get enough of this blessed couple – Kareena Kapoor Saif Ali Khan and just eagerly wait to catch more of this family of four handsome people, Taimur and Jehangir Ali Khan included.