One look at Deepika Padukone’s offscreen presence, and it is not difficult to make out that the woman believes more in an effective skincare regime than wearing a lot of makeup. She is an ardent lover of nude makeup looks and we have to admit that even when she does wear makeup, most times she goes overboard with it (case in point, her Cannes outings). Loud and heavy makeup does not do justice to her demeanor and let’s be honest to beauty gods, we are not mighty impressed with her makeup artist. So, women all across the country were really enthusiastic about the popular actress’ skincare brand, 82°E, when it was launched in November 2022. The team behind the brand prefers to call it a personal care brand, with skincare as its focus.
A little about the brand’s background – it was formed in 2021 by Deepika Padukone and her co-founder, Jigar Shah, and formally launched its first product in November 2022. 82°E is pronounced at 82 degrees east or 82 east. They have already raised hefty funding and are investing heavily in their R&D setup. With a team of 40+ employees, the brand has until now (February 2023) come up with five main skincare products – a Toner Serum, a Cleanser, a Face Oil, a Moisturizer, and a Sunscreen.
If you are enthralled by the actress and her style but are not sure whether or not to buy the skincare products that are backed by her lifestyle choices and personal wisdom in beauty, we are here to ease your decision-making. Keep reading as we talk at length about each of these products and their utility.
Skincare Products from Deepika Padukone’s Brand - 82°E
1. Lotus Splash (Cleanser) – In a world where numerous facial cleansers are available for all skin types, this one is just another product, though a luxurious one. Infused with two main ingredients, Lotus Flower extracts and Bioflavonoids, this cleanser is that burst of freshness you need in the morning to wake when you up. It is a gentle cleanser that is suitable for all skin types as it does not unduly dry your skin. It rather gives a refreshing suppleness to the skin and at the same time, effectively cleans the pores. Though the price is on the higher side (Rs. 1,200 for 100 ml), they are not calling 82°E a premium skincare brand for no reason. The packaging is luxurious and the product smells and feels amazing, so if you do not mind spending a bit extra, this cleanser is worth buying.
2. Gotu Kola Dew (Toner Serum) – The main ingredients of this toner serum are Gotu Kola, which is a plant-based anti-oxidant with replenishing and anti-ageing properties, and Niacinamide, a nourishing derivative of Vitamin 3 that locks in the hydration and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While the product does the job of what a toner does, that is make your skin look more radiant, youthful and bright, the results are not miraculous. Priced at Rs. 2,400 for 100 ml packaging, it is a little expensive for the average Indian consumer. You can easily get a more effective and better-formulated toner for a lesser price at this.
3. Ashwagandha Bounce (Moisturiser) – This is one of the best products so far from the skincare brand. With Ashwagandha and Sodium Hyaluronate as its main ingredients, it deeply moisturizes the skin while enhancing its elasticity and glow. The texture of the moisturizer allows it to penetrate deep and not feel heavy on the skin. It is definitely an expensive moisturizer (Rs. 2,700 for 50 ml) given the scores of other moisturisers available in the market, but in case you wish to try out a single product from the brand, to begin with, we say this should be it. So confident was the brand of this product, that they made it their first launch along with the Patchouli Glow sunscreen drops.
4. Bakuchiol Slip (Face Oil) – When it comes to skincare ingredients, we all agree on the nourishing properties of the ingredient, Squalane. The Bakuchiol Slip face oil effectively captures the potency of Squalane to repair the skin barrier and lock in hydration deep beneath the layers, along with the other star ingredient, Bakuchiol, which is a powerful antioxidant. While we love the product, both the packaging and the results, we find it a little too heftily priced at Rs. 2,900 for 30 ml. The product is great for use both during the day and at night and is worth spending, in case you can afford to buy it over and over again.
5. Patchouli Glow (Sunscreen Drops) – One of the very publicized products from 82°E that reiterates Deepika’s personal ideology of religiously using sunscreen to protect her skin, this product is an impressive formulation. Take a few drops of this sunscreen oil (one of its kind in the Indian market) and apply evenly all over your face and neck. Patchouli, which is an aromatic plant, helps with skin regeneration and maintaining its youthful glow. Ceramides, defend the skin against environmental stressors and UV damage. The product definitely feels good on the skin and but we are not sure if the drops provide sufficient protection against Sun, as necessary. Also, it is undeniably expensive (Rs. 1,800 for 30 ml) for sunscreen. If you love Deepika Padukone and don’t mind splurging, you may want to give the product a try, but we are not heartily recommending it to you.
How to Order Deepika Padukone’s Skin Care Brand, 82°E products?
The skincare products, as of now, can only be ordered from the brand’s official D2C website (82e.com) for pan-India delivery. They are not available on other e-commerce platforms like the beauty giant, Nykaa, or one-stop-shop, Amazon.com. The brand has yet not launched any physical retail stores. Going forward, we are sure, the brand will open up to more selling channels and will be more widely available.
So, overall, as much as we are fans of the actress and style icon Deepika Padukone, we have to be fair while reviewing her skincare brand for the readers. Overall, her brand, 82°E, is fascinating for its packaging and the feel-good factor, but since the skin care industry is way too crowded with brands at the moment, it might be difficult for the brand to build its dedicated and repeat customer base. The price points are a little too high compared to the uniqueness of the results that the products promise. You must definitely all the products for once (if you don’t mind the price), and then stay loyal to the ones that really suit your skin and give you amazing results.