If you are already guilty of the cardinal sin of not owning atleast one black leather skirt in your wardrobe as yet, please do yourself an immediate favour. Quit reading this, and head on to the store to make a purchase. Or scroll through the websites of any of the high street wear brand (Zara, H&M, Mango, Vero Moda, I only recall these as being easily available in India) and shop one for yourself. A Black Leather skirt or any leather skirt for that matter is a must have in your wardrobe if you plan to brave though those winter winds in style. Rather it is an absolute must to include a leather skirt, a black leather pant, as well as leather coat in your closet. These days a black leather dress is also raging as a much in-trend style statement. If you are really high on being stylishly dressed at all times, do include one in your wardrobe at the earliest.
Styling a leather skirt doesn’t really require a degree in styling, yet if you wish to stand out, try something interesting. Layering can come to your rescue. A black on black look has been seen way too much, yet still retains its classic appeal. We present to you some of the diva like styles in which you can flaunt your black leather dress. Pick a short or a long one and decide upon the silhouette of the skirt keeping in mind your body shape and the one that flatters it the most.
1. Black leather skirt with an oversized sweater – This one is a perfect look for the harsh winters. Choose a sweater in very warn, cozy fabric and pair it with your skirt. Just ensure that the whole look doesn’t come out as too baggy. This look is more flattering for tall and lean girls if you are planning to wear a long skirt. Add some color to the look through makeup and accessories and you are sure to look classy and divalicious AF.
2. Black leather skirt with a blazer – This is when you want to take the hotness notches higher. Wear a sexy bralette or a corset beneath your blazer if the weather isn’t too cold. Else for very chilly winters, wear a turtle neck sweater. With this look, you can really play around with your layering skills. You can either pair your skirt with a short or medium blazer, else also an overcoat.
3. Black leather skirt and fishnet stockings – This is one killer look. If you like to play it safe, opt for a plain net. Else, if you are the sexy fashionista, do try the more stylish options available in the market. These stockings are sure to lend the instant high street glamour touch to your skirt look. Carry some smart accessories.
4. Long black leather skirt – These skirts look classy on almost all body types. Rather they make you look more sculpted and voluptuous. The straight fit with the front slit is a hot favourite. You can still it with a turtle neck, a blazer, a shirt or even a corset. They give you that ‘Emily in Paris’ influencer feels in no time.
5. Leather skirt with denims – Though most of the women are not far sighted or experimental enough to pair denims with leather, yet this look is a show stealer. Wear your denim corset, jacket or simply the shirt to pair with you skirt. You can also try adding in some other neutral colours to the look. Do not add any other loud colour that breaks the camaraderie of this combination.
With black leather skirts, it is always fun trying out with new styles. With a lot of chic, modern jewellery options available, play around with stacking your neck chains and bracelets with this look. A leather piece in your closet is always intended to come across as a rich, classy style. Do not underpower it by wearing any jazzy or loud element of dressing with it. Even keep your makeup subtle and elite.
Hope this has given you some much needed inspiration for your winter style look book.