Long working hours and continuously staying in front of our blue screens is certainly taking a toll on our eyes. You will agree when we say that our eyes are one sensory organ that is used the most but not proportionately well taken care of. We do take that pair of beautiful eyes for granted. And it is no breaking news that the skin around our eyes is the thinnest and most delicate part. Therefore, it also goes on to show the signs of ageing at the earliest. If puffiness under the eyes, sagged under-eye skin, fine lines and stubborn dark circles are your concern, then it is high time you invested in a good under-eye cream for dark circles.
The world of beauty is a beautiful world to be in. But these days, there are a plethora of brands around that offer some amazing products in skincare, hair care and makeup. With a world that is so deeply engulfed in the gimmicks of online marketing these days, with influencer marketing, brand stories and visual advertising being at the fore, it sometimes becomes difficult for us to choose the best product for ourselves. We can, certainly not, afford to invest all our money in buying these products and then trying them all on ourselves to see the results. If this is already making your heart palpitate, worry not. We are here to help you. Read on as we unravel for you some of the best under-eye creams for dark circles that are well-tried and reviewed and bring about some amazing results with consistent use.
Top 5 Most Effective Under-Eye Creams for Dark Circles
1. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado
This under-eye cream is priced at INR 2500 for a 14gm jar. Avocado oil is like a moisturizing butter for the skin. This under-eye cream is highly hydrating and replenishing in nature. It takes care of the delicate skin around the eyes and replenishes it with nutrients and moisture. Avocado oil also helps in protecting it from harmful UV radiation. The consistency of the cream is thick, but it easily absorbs into the skin if you keep massaging it well for a good 2-3 minutes. Concerning its effectiveness, it does get you rid of dark circles and puffiness with consistent use. The best part of this under-eye cream is that when applied at night, it deeply replenishes your under-eye area and you wake up with bright, enlivened eyes in the morning.
2. Mcaffeine Naked & Raw Coffee Under Eye Cream
For those who do not know, Mcaffeine is an Indian skincare brand that relies on the goodness of caffeine as the base ingredient for all its formulations. The raw under-eye cream is a very well-appreciated product from the brand. Priced at INR 489 for 30 ml packaging, this cream can be used by both men and women. It does help with reducing puffiness and dark circles and also optimally moisturizes the skin. Of all the under-eye creams that we know, this one is the most effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines around the eye area. Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants that work really well to boost life into the dull, lethargic skin around the eyes. Apart from coffee, this under-eye cream is also infused with ingredients like Vitamin E oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Hyaluronic Acid. When applied at night, the subtle aroma of pure Arabica coffee also helps to induce sound sleep and further relaxation to the eyes.
3. Re’equil Under Eye Cream
The products from this brand really work on what they claim. This eye cream comes in a tube packaging of 20 gm, priced at INR 550. After long days of work and bearing so much stress on our eyes, none of us wants to put something under our eyes that feel heavy and greasy. This cream is extremely lightweight and penetrates easily into the layers of the skin. You can apply it under your sunscreen during the day and also at night before going to sleep. Hyaluronic acid helps with adding moisture to our skin. This cream contains quinoa seed extract as well as Hyaluronic acid, both of which help to bring down the puffiness under the eyes by supplementing the skin with enough hydration. Dark circles are also reduced with regular use. Apart from these benefits, this cream also prevents the delicate skin beneath the eyes from premature ageing and sagging.
4. Plum Bright Years Under-Eye Recovery Gel
The best thing we love about Plum Goodness products is the packaging, it is a delight to place them on the vanity and they are so thoughtfully designed. The same holds for the under-eye recovery gel as well. It comes with an inbuilt-pump that makes it super easy to use. The gel has a very light consistency and gets into the skin easily. If you ask us about the effectiveness of the product – well, it does provide some great hydration to the skin. If the under-eye skin is well moisturized, it does not develop any signs of premature ageing. With plant stem cell extracts and Hyaluronic acid, this gel enhances the under-eye skin with enough plumpness and elasticity, brightening it with youthfulness and life. Though the product is a little highly-priced at INR 740 for a 15 ml bottle, its results are worth every bit of the money spent.
5. Olay Ultimate Eye Cream
If you have ever used an Olay cream or tried some bit of it from your mom’s vanity, you would know that their products usually have a thick consistency. The same goes for their under-eye cream. Though the pricing is exorbitant at INR 1444 for a 15 ml jar, the cream delivers what it commits. The dark circles and tanning would be gone within a few days of use. It removes the puffiness and you wake up with clear, wide-open eyes. If you have a video call in the morning or are looking to go out for a breakfast, do make sure to apply this under-eye cream the night before. It awakens your under-eye area. With Glycerin as the main ingredient, the cream is infused with lots of energizing vitamins and peptides that reinvigorate the dead skin cells and make the skin look more plump and youthful. Dark circles, tired eyes, puffiness and fine lines would all be woes of the past if you use this cream consistently every night.
Tips to Use an Under Eye Cream Most Effectively
What we have quoted here are all under-eye creams that are reasonably priced and deliver very satisfactory results. But to get permanently rid of your dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, there are a few more aspects one needs to take care of. Even while using an under-eye cream, be wary of the following points.
– With the eyes being one of the most sensitive organs, always run a patch test of the under-eye cream, before applying it for a full night. You may apply the cream on your neck area one night and check if it causes any irritability. Also, if the under-eye cream feels too heavy on the eyes or causes any sort of uneasiness, wipe it off immediately and wash your eyes thoroughly.
– Your under-eye skin doesn’t age or sag or develop dark circles overnight. Hence, it is absolutely unreasonable to expect them to disappear overnight. Give any good under-eye cream for atleast 2 weeks to show noticeable results. Consistency of efforts is the key.
– Do not massage the cream too hard on the skin. With light strokes of the ring figure, massage it well in circular motions for 2-3 minutes and not more. Rubbing it too hard into the skin would only lead to the loosening of the skin tissues.
– Always apply the under-eye cream on a clean, makeup-free base. If you have worn eye makeup before, wipe it off really well, not leaving a single trace of makeup behind. After having cleansed the area with a mild face wash, apply a gentle eye cream.
– A clean complexion and eyes sans any dark circles are the outcome of a healthy lifestyle, clean eating habits and enough sleep. If you are not resting your eyes enough and exposing them to too much screen time each day, then no matter how premium an eye cream you use, it would not show any great results. So save your eyes some trauma and rather than falling to the temptation of binge-watching Netflix shows the entire night, better give your eyes some sleep.
So, love your eyes enough and invest in one of these under-eye creams and do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.