Late nights and cravings go hand in hand, don’t they? There’s something about the stillness of the night that makes us yearn for a tasty treat to satisfy our hunger. Whether you’re burning the midnight oil or just enjoying a late-night movie marathon, having some quick and delicious snacks on hand is a must. So, let’s dive into the world of scrumptious midnight snacking, Indian style!
1. Masala Maggi: Who can resist the allure of a piping hot bowl of masala Maggi in the middle of the night? This iconic Indian snack is not only quick to make but also incredibly satisfying. Just toss in the Maggi noodles, add the tastemaker, and sprinkle some extra spices for that extra kick. In minutes, you’ll have a bowl of comfort ready to be devoured.
2. Bread Pizza: When cravings strike, but you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, bread pizza comes to the rescue. Grab a few slices of bread, top them with tomato sauce, cheese, and your favourite toppings. Pop them in the toaster or the oven for a few minutes, and voila! You have a delicious mini pizza ready to be enjoyed.
3. Peanut Chaat: If you’re in the mood for something tangy and crunchy, peanut chaat is the way to go. In a bowl, mix roasted peanuts with chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and a squeeze of lime. Sprinkle some chaat masala and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. This quick and healthy snack is sure to leave your taste buds dancing.
4. Egg Bhurji: Eggs are versatile and make for a fantastic late-night snack option. Whip up some mouthwatering egg bhurji by sautéing onions, tomatoes, and green chillies in a pan. Add beaten eggs, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garam masala for that desi twist. Serve it hot with buttered toast, and you have a satisfying meal in no time.
5. Chilli Cheese Toast: When you’re craving something cheesy and spicy, look no further than chilli cheese toast. Toast some bread slices, spread a layer of butter, and top it with grated cheese and finely chopped green chillies. Grill it until the cheese melts and gets all gooey. The combination of melted cheese and the kick of chillies will surely make your taste buds dance.
6. Fruit Chaat: For those looking for a healthier option, fruit chaat is a delightful choice. Chop up your favourite fruits like apples, bananas, oranges, and pomegranates. Add a squeeze of lemon, sprinkle some chaat masala and black salt for that tangy flavour. This refreshing and nutritious snack will leave you feeling energized and satisfied.
7. Aloo Tikki: Aloo Tikki, the quintessential Indian street food, is a perfect midnight snack option. Mash boiled potatoes, add chopped onions, green chillies, and a mix of spices like cumin, coriander, and red chilli powder. Shape the mixture into small patties and shallow fry them until golden brown. Serve them with mint chutney or ketchup, and you’ll have a tasty and filling snack in hand.
8. Bread Upma: Got some leftover bread lying around? Turn it into a delicious and flavorful bread upma. Heat some oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chillies. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and toss them in. Sprinkle some turmeric, salt, and garnish with coriander leaves. This quick and easy snack is a great way to use up those bread slices.
9. Masala French Fries: If you’re a fan of crispy, golden fries, then masala French fries will take your taste buds on a joyride. Cut potatoes into thin strips, deep fry until crispy, and season them with a mix of spices like red chilli powder, chaat masala, and salt. Serve them with your favourite dip or ketchup, and you’re in for a finger-licking experience.
10. Corn Bhel: Corn bhel is a delightful combination of flavours and textures that will leave you craving for more. Boil corn kernels, and mix them with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and grated carrots. Add a squeeze of lime, sprinkle some chaat masala, and garnish with sev. This zesty and crunchy snack is a crowd-pleaser and a perfect way to satisfy your midnight munchies.
11. Vegetable Poha: Poha, a popular Indian breakfast dish, also makes for a fantastic late-night snack. Heat some oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions, and green chillies. Sauté until onions turn translucent. Then, add flattened rice (poha), turmeric powder, salt, and mix well. Cook for a few minutes, and your flavorful vegetable poha is ready to be enjoyed.
12. Yoghurt Parfait: If you’re in the mood for something light and refreshing, a yoghurt parfait is the way to go. Layer yoghurt, chopped fruits like berries, bananas, and granola in a glass or bowl. Drizzle some honey or maple syrup for added sweetness. It’s a wholesome and satisfying snack that’s easy to assemble and packed with goodness.
13. Besan Chilla: Besan chilla, also known as gram flour pancake, is a popular snack in India. In a bowl, mix besan (gram flour), chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, and spices like turmeric, red chilli powder, and salt. Add water to make a smooth batter. Heat a pan, pour a ladleful of batter, spread it into a thin pancake, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve it hot with chutney or ketchup for a delightful midnight snack.
14. Paneer Tikka: For all the paneer lovers out there, paneer tikka is a heavenly treat. Cut paneer into cubes and marinate them with yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, and a pinch of turmeric. Let it sit for a while to absorb the flavours. Thread the marinated paneer onto skewers and grill them until golden and slightly charred. For a delectable snack, serve these smoky and succulent paneer tikka skewers with mint chutney.
15. Vegetable Cutlet: Vegetable cutlets are crispy, savoury, and perfect for late-night snacking. Boil and mash potatoes, and mix them with finely chopped vegetables like carrots, peas, beans, and bell peppers. Add breadcrumbs, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt. Shape the mixture into patties, coat them with breadcrumbs, and shallow fry until golden brown. Serve these delicious cutlets with ketchup or chutney and enjoy the burst of flavours.
Late-night cravings don’t have to be a struggle. With these 15 quick and delicious midnight snacks, you can satiate your hunger pangs and enjoy some delightful treats without spending hours in the kitchen. So, the next time you find yourself longing for a midnight snack, give these recipes a try and experience the joy of late-night indulgence, the Indian way. Happy snacking.