Have you been experiencing some massive hair fall this monsoon season? Is it even further aggravating your stress levels and giving you sleepless nights? Trust us, we all are going through the same ordeal. Our marble floors are laden with huge strands of hair rolled into a ball, flying from one corner of the room to the other. Every time we run our fingers through the length of the hair, only praying for no strand to come out, we end up with a thick chunk of hair in our hands. Stress levels are at an all-time high and with no time to work out, our hair are bearing the brunt of all the mess. For a lot of people, their bodies are lacking the optimum nutrients needed for healthy hair growth. A lot of times we are not even aware in case we are suffering from any nutritional deficiencies.
If your hair are extremely dry and lack enough healthy supplements, you must oil your hair regularly. Mamaearth Onion hair oil has been gaining a lot of popularity these days for its effectiveness. We have decoded the product and are happy to share with you an honest detailed review of the same.
Benefits of Onion for the Hair
Before you get all pumped up to purchase the oil, you should at least know the benefits or perils of putting onion in your hair. Half knowledge is never a good idea.
– It is a research-backed fact that applying onion to the hair does promote hair growth and diminishes hair fall.
– Onion juice has very strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it helps with reducing dandruff and other skin allergies and infections on the scalp.
– Onion contains certain flavonoids like kampeferol and quercetin that have vasodilatory properties, which means that they help with the widening of the blood vessels, hence, aiding with better blood flow to the scalp. And we all know that this way the hair roots become stronger resulting in reduced hair fall.
Honest Review of the Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil
This oil is certainly great for people suffering from massive hair fall. It does deliver noticeable results within a couple of washes. As is with any good oil like coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil, the Mamaearth onion hair oil also does provide hydration and moisturization to the dry and brittle hair strands. Apart from onion, this oil also contains other nourishing oils like sunflower oil, amla oil and hibiscus oil. Therefore, the overall result of this oil is quite nurturing on the hair. The oil does feel quite natural on the hair and as the brand claims it to be devoid of any artificial chemicals and harmful ingredients; we believe the oil to be safe for use.
When it comes to reducing hair fall, we have to admit that in case your hair fall is not because of any major nutritional deficiencies, genetic concerns or any intensive allergic reaction on the scalp, this oil is quite efficient in treating hair fall.
For women who face a lot of shedding of their hair because of excessive dryness, frizziness or lack of external nutrition for the hair, the Mamaearth onion hair oil is like God’s gift. The onion juice in the oil is definitely effective in helping with new hair growth. Within 4-6 weeks of using the oil, you would notice the rate of your hair fall to have drastically reduced and some new baby hair growing up. Your hair would certainly feel thicker and more voluminous. The onion along with the concoction of other oils strengthens the hair follicles on the inside, improves their elasticity and resilience and makes hair look shinier and bouncier from the outside.
Concerning the consistency of this oil, it is moderately thick. It does not feel too sticky, greasy or heavy on the hair. You can easily wear it during the day or even before going to the bed. It does not rub off much on your clothes or the pillow covers. However, it does have a slight onion smell to it, so we would advise you against wearing it out publicly during the day, of course in case you wish to scare some people off, that is a different story.
The only precaution that we need to take while using the Mamaearth Onion hair oil is to not keep it on the head for too long. Onion, if left over on the hair for an extended period of time can cause adverse effects. So, it is better to apply it a couple of hours before the head wash or at best leave it overnight. But in no way should you keep the oil resting on your mane for a complete day or for days at a stretch.
How to Use the Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil Most Effectively?
For any hair product to show its best results, one needs to use it consistently for at least 4-6 weeks. Some products start exhibiting noticeable results instantly, but others (these are often the best ones) take some time to reach their best potency and give the desired results. These results are often long-lasting and achieved without compromising on the ingredients or the formulation. The Mamaearth Onion Hair oil falls in the latter category.
– To apply this oil, ensure that your scalp is not too dirty. Take a sufficient amount of oil in your palms and massage it evenly all over the scalp.
– You may heat the oil to lukewarm temperatures for better absorption into the scalp.
– Also apply the oil across the entire length of the hair till the ends. It is quite effective in treating dryness and reducing unsightly dead ends.
– Massage with light strokes of your fingers and hand and let the oil get absorbed thoroughly.
– Wash with a mild sulphate-free shampoo within a few hours.
-In all probability, if your body is not allergic to eating onion in general and doesn’t show any side effects, this oil should be compatible with your hair and scalp. We would still suggest applying it for 30 minutes and observing for any effects.
– One may also try the Mamaearth Onion Shampoo, Onion Conditioner and Onion Hair Mask along with the Mamaearth Onion Hair oil for more wholesome results.
If your hair fall has been bothering you for a while, do not wait any further. You may start using this oil to give all the external nutriment to your hair. However, in case of a medical condition of scalp infection, we suggest you also consult your dermatologist. In most cases, a holistic approach is needed to curtail an excessive hair fall condition. Just applying oil cannot be considered an absolute treatment of the problem.