“Good skin is the best foundation for your makeup” – Holland Roden
This is so rightly said. And to add more to this, have skin so good that you actually don’t need to put any foundation at all, atleast not more than a pea size. A bride must have a really healthy and hydrated version of her skin during her wedding days and also in the days to come, for her makeup to come out perfectly well. To know more on this, go through our previous post on the same, ‘Why is a proper skin care routine so important for a newlywed bride’. As Trousseau Shoppers and styling guides to Brides, our foremost suggestion to them is to start taking diligent care of their skin, right from the day their wedding is fixed. Nobody bride wants to see those devil acne, zits, pores or that itching dry flaky skin just before putting on makeup on her wedding day.
As much as you wish to invest in the best makeup products, it is equally indispensable to buy really effective and high on quality skin care products. Even if the entire range burns a hole in your pocket, remember it is not every day that you are getting married and also, they would be worth every penny invested. You can probably give up on a few of the extravagant Indian wear outfits in your Trousseau (because who are we kidding, you are not going to wear them more than a few times), but do not at all compromise on the superiority and worth of the skin care products that you carry in your vanity.
Remember, your post-wedding days will bring in a lot of psychological, emotional and probably even physical changes in you. Your food habits and sleep patterns might also undergo a change. It is always advisable to consult your dermatologist to prescribe you some suitable vitamins and supplements that provide further nourishment to your skin and help it get through any adverse changes. Also, drink lots of water to keep your skin optimally hydrated. Take a good diet. Try to catch on 8 hours of sound sleep each day. Keep that anxiety and stress at bay. Sometimes, even ecstasy and bouts of heightened emotions can also cause hormonal imbalances and hence, affect your body. It is important to save your skin from reflecting any of that.
They say, ’Beautiful skin comes to those who take care of it’. Though maintaining a strict regime is quite some effort, its benefits are too immense and skin deep (pun intended, again) to be ignored. After intense research, speaking with some of the well-known skin care experts in the industry and also with personal experience of using these products, we try and advise our brides to incorporate the entire products in their Bridal Trousseau. And we are sure, they are reaping many benefits out of the regular use of these.
If you are a bride-to-be, make a bucket list of all these products and do some research on your end. Consult a dermatologist for an understanding of your skin type, before deciding upon the variations of these and the best skin care brands that you want to include in your bridal trousseau.
Else, we are just a call away to rescue you from all the dilemmas and extend our customized Trousseau Services to you.
10 Must-Have Skin Care Products to Include in Your Bridal Vanity
1. Facial Cleanser – A good cleanser is a good start to your day. Cleansing your skin properly is a strong base for your skin care routine. Use one that maintains your skin’s natural pH balance and is free from parabens and any other harmful ingredients. Glycolic Renewal Cleanser Gel from Skin Ceuticals and the Liquid Facial Soap from Clinique are our best picks for the same.
2. Facial Toner – Most of us realise the importance of using a good skin toner late in our life. An effective toner works like a miracle and the effect is visible just in a few usages. It makes your skin look younger and also takes care of all those open pores as well. Acne is also reduced to quite some extent. People with sensitive skin should ideally make Toner an indispensable part of their regimen. A toner helps absorb the moisturizer deep into your skin, making it look fresher, radiant and rejuvenated at the same time. Clinique’s Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion, Peach & Lily The Good Acids Pore Toner and Youth to the People Kombucha + 11% AHA Exfoliation Power Toner are some of the best toners available in the market.
3. Serum – It could either be a correcting, brightening or an anti-ageing serum. Serums are concentrated solutions that work on targeted concerns of your skin. If your skin is pigmented, tanned, has marks or scars or is just dull and lifeless, pat in some drops of serum into your skin before putting in the moisturizer. LaMer’s Regenerating Serum and Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Grade IPL Dark Spot Correcting Serum are definitely highly effective and bring out great results in the repairing of dull, lifeless skin and correction of dark spots respectively.
4. Daytime Moisturizer – Skin hydration is one of the key factors in maintaining the health of your skin. No skin that is not optimally hydrated can glow from within. The moisturizer works on locking the natural moisture of the skin and also supplementing it with requisite hydration. If your skin is oily, opt for a water-based moisturizer and if your skin is dry, look for an oil or cream-based moisturizer. Tatcha’s Dewy Skin Cream, Clinique’s Moisture Surge, Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and Estee Lauder’s Day Wear Anti Oxidant Cream are some of the finest moisturizes that you can lay your hands on.
5. Sunscreen – No big news. This product is a must-have not only for any bridal trousseau but for any man or woman who has skin. No amount of skin care can bear results if you move out of your home during the day without putting on a sunscreen. We personally do swear by the effectiveness of Neutrogena Ultra-dry Touch Sunscreen, Shiseido’s Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion, and ISDIN Ultralight Emulsion Sunscreen.
6. Facial Oil – Facial Oils work on the inner layers of your skin. They provide deeper nourishment and replenish the skin from within. Using a good Facial Oil is like treating your skin to luxury and taking care of it for long-term results. A facial oil doesn’t start reflecting results instantly, but its continuous use does great service to the texture and overall health and radiance of your skin. You can either apply it overnight or a few drops of it even in the daytime. Our favourite picks are Bobbi Brown’s Extra Face Oil, Biossance Tea Tree Balancing Oil and Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Facial oil.
7. Night Repair Mask – You are sleeping at night, but your body and mind are working towards its replenishment. The skin actually repairs itself at night and there is a reason they call it beauty sleep. An effective night repair mask or cream is your best bet in getting healthy, youthful skin. Clinique’s Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, Dior’s Hydra Life Jelly Sleeping Mask, AmorePacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery Mask, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask are the products that will work wonders on your skin while you are sleeping.
8. Lip Balm – Your under-eye and lips are the most delicate and softest skin areas on your face. Hence, they need special care as they are most prone to damage and ageing. Apply a hydrating lip balm any time of the day or overnight to repair your lips and keep them looking soft and supple. We recommend you use Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, Kiehl’s Lip Balm and Le Paradis Lip Balm.
9. Eye Cream/Eye Gel – You don’t want to get up from your late-night sleeps with puffy and dull eyes. Dull eyes can make the prettiest of faces look withered and lifeless. Use these eye creams every night before sleep to repair your under-eye skin and keep it looking fresh. Skin Ceuticals A.G.E Eye Complex, Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream, Sisley’s lack Rose Eye Contour Fluid and Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost eye gel cream are really effective products in this segment.
10. Mask Sheet – Concentrated sheet masks are a Korean beauty concept. They have gained popularity in recent times as they are packed with nutrition-loaded serums that induce instant health and hydration to the skin. They may be made of paper, fibre or gels and contain concentrated forms of essential skin vitamins and minerals. They need a place in a Bridal Trousseau because lack of sleep or irregular lifestyle changes might take away some of the natural glow from your skin. Hence, using a strong nutrient-based mask sheet would readily impart all the much-needed glow and health into your skin. SK II Pitera Facial Treatment Mask, Kiehl’s Instant Renewal Concentrate Face Mask, Lancome Advanced Gel Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask, Clarins Super Restorative Instant Lift Serum Mask are though little expensive, but really beneficial mask sheets.
That is the end of our compilation of the must-have skin care products that any bridal trousseau must have. We hope including all these 10 products in your skin care regime will give you that flawless, glowing, healthy skin that you always wished to have.